Gingerbread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What sort of artist are you? Do you love the realism of photography, the abstract strokes of watercolour, or messy charcoal?

Share your favourite art medium here! :awesome:

Mine has to be pencil sketches
Fox Corner
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To use it's probably pens and pencils

To look at it's oil paints - they look so detailed and realistic, I really appreciate the skill that went into creating something like that.

This is probably my favourite oil painting:
Spoiler:
Show

Gingerbread101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fox Corner)
To use it's probably pens and pencils

To look at it's oil paints - they look so detailed and realistic, I really appreciate the skill that went into creating something like that.

This is probably my favourite oil painting:
Spoiler:
Show

I want to get some practice of oil painting over summer

That painting is so creepy though :lol:
SummerStrawberry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A careless word may kindle strife;
A cruel word may wreck a life.
A bitter word may hate instill;
A brutal word may smite and kill.

A gracious word may smooth the way;
A joyous word may light the day.
A timely word may lessen stress;
A loving word may heal and bless.

-Unknown
Spoiler:
Show
My favourite artistic medium would be the word for its sheer power to evoke emotion, as well as its relative ease of use in modern times. However, if I had to choose a visual artistic medium, it would probably be acrylic paint for its bold, bright colours:

Gingerbread101
Rep:
?
(Original post by SummerStrawberry)
A careless word may kindle strife;
A cruel word may wreck a life.
A bitter word may hate instill;
A brutal word may smite and kill.

A gracious word may smooth the way;
A joyous word may light the day.
A timely word may lessen stress;
A loving word may heal and bless.

-Unknown
Spoiler:
Show
My favourite artistic medium would be the word for its sheer power to evoke emotion, as well as its relative ease of use in modern times. However, if I had to choose a visual artistic medium, it would probably be acrylic paint for its bold, bright colours:

That palette knife painting is by Leonid Afremov right? I did stuff by him for my GCSE art exam, I loved it :love:
saladays
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I used to be a big fan of plain old pencil and paper but I'm experimenting a lot more with watercolour and ink now. I'm still always going to be attached to my digital art though, mostly just because it requires the least commitment!

(shameless digital art 'site' plug)
goam
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not an artist but I love oil paints- they're just soo smooth
Tsrsarahhhh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oils and bios.
SummerStrawberry
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gingerbread101)
That palette knife painting is by Leonid Afremov right? I did stuff by him for my GCSE art exam, I loved it :love:
I'm not entirely sure. A Google reverse image search - and a search for "Leonid Afremov" - returns many images which look very similar but not exactly the same. This one, for example, has slightly thinner tree trunks, and no arm-rest on the bench. Afremov has done many, many paintings, so I wouldn't rule out it being one of his. That said, however, there are no signatures nor identifying marks of any kind on the painting, so perhaps it was painted by another artist in the style of Leonid Afremov? Indeed, my (Google-based ) research on him seems to suggest that he paints predominantly in oil rather than acrylic.
Gingerbread101
Rep:
?
(Original post by saladays)
I used to be a big fan of plain old pencil and paper but I'm experimenting a lot more with watercolour and ink now. I'm still always going to be attached to my digital art though, mostly just because it requires the least commitment!

(shameless digital art 'site' plug)
Ink looks so cool what do you paint mainly?
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My favourites were always pencils and pens haven't drawn for so long though :sad: I used to be obsessed!
Kimi_Q
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My favourite to use is just pen and ink, with bright inks for colouring. My favourite to view is watercolour and I particularly love combinations of watercolour and inks - hopefully I can learn how to paint in watercolours someday!
Gingerbread101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kimi_Q)
My favourite to use is just pen and ink, with bright inks for colouring. My favourite to view is watercolour and I particularly love combinations of watercolour and inks - hopefully I can learn how to paint in watercolours someday!
Ink is rather like water colour in how you paint it I think, they appear to have a similar consistency
kkboyk
Report 4 years ago
Fine line pens, brush pens, pencils, watercolour and ink since I find them to be the easiest to control and make cool artwork
Cremated_Spatula
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Digital heh
saladays
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gingerbread101)
Ink looks so cool what do you paint mainly?
Mostly portraits, although lately I've been doing a lot of journaling so it's kind of a mix of things. Some nature here and there. Sometimes I'm just having fun mixing paints together! How about you?
Gingerbread101
Rep:
?
(Original post by saladays)
Mostly portraits, although lately I've been doing a lot of journaling so it's kind of a mix of things. Some nature here and there. Sometimes I'm just having fun mixing paints together! How about you?
I like still life sketches and animals, I can't draw human faces to save my life :emo:
Zechs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has to be oil painting there is nothing better then seeing a thick paste of oil paint form into an image and the smoothness is incredible. Sketching probably comes a close second because the results are very immediate.
Gingerbread101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mancini)
Has to be oil painting there is nothing better then seeing a thick paste of oil paint form into an image and the smoothness is incredible. Sketching probably comes a close second because the results are very immediate.
Oil paint like that looks amazing :love:
Ordo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pencils and ink
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (200)
43.67%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (51)
11.14%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.64%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.4%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.9%

Watched Threads