Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Said I'd do something and now don't want to watch

Been with my boyfriend 6 months and he really wants to do sexual stuff.
    A few of us are going over to his this weekend and spending the night. I'm supposed to be going over early and he wants to touch me sexually in that time. I said ok because he's been asking for it for ages and its really bothering him that I keep saying no, but I'm just not ready for it. Now I regret saying I would and I don't know what to do. He'll get annoyed if I change my mind but I really don't want to go through with it.

ReputationRep:
    Then don't go through with it. Let him be annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A few of us are going over to his this weekend and spending the night. I'm supposed to be going over early and he wants to touch me sexually in that time. I said ok because he's been asking for it for ages and its really bothering him that I keep saying no, but I'm just not ready for it. Now I regret saying I would and I don't know what to do. He'll get annoyed if I change my mind but I really don't want to go through with it.
    Don't go through with it. You shouldn't allow yourself to be sexually touched against your will just to keep someone happy.

ReputationRep:
    why would you say yes if you dont want to??

ReputationRep:
    If you don't feel comfy with him touching you then don't sacrifice how you feel for him. If he reacts badly to saying no, break up with him. He's too immature.

(Original post by theBranicAc)
    an you an idiot?

why would you say yes if you dont want to??

clearly your a sheep and you cant make choices for yourself
    yeah, I am a bit of a sheep really.
    at the time I thought it would be ok, now I've thought about it some more and realized I hate the idea. Should have thought more in the first place

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    Listen carefully. You are young. When we're young we don't know what we want half the time and it can change in an instant. We are impressionable, and sometimes vulnerable too, so please don't be led into doing anything you're uncomfortable with or beat up on yourself for making a mistake like this. Take good care of yourself, always. If your partner values you then you know he will understand, just stay composed

(Original post by ckfeister)
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    Listen to your feelings, if you do not want to do anything sexual, then tell him so. If he really cares for you, then he will not be annoyed. It looks like he's already been pressuring you, but do keep firm and wait until it is what you truly want, no matter how long that may be. Your feelings and wants are important and should be respected.

ReputationRep:
    Do not do anything with him you don't want to.

I would actually question whether it's a good idea to go over until you have established how he'll react. There's some red flags here, he definitely shouldn't be annoyed you don't want to do anything sexual!

If he gets angry I would just cut him off. Anyone pressuring you to do something sexual is dangerous and bad news. Hopefully he'll be understanding about it and I'm overreacting but please don't blindly trust him to respect your boundaries.

To be clear, it is ok to want sexual contact and be disappointed your partner doesn't want to. However, the correct response is to be patient, learn to live without it or break up. Not pressure the person or get angry.

ReputationRep:
    Then say your not ready, underage too.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're not physically attracted to your boyfriend, 6 months is a long time, no wonder he has blue-balls.
    Oh please. If she's not ready she's not ready. Her boyfriend clearly doesn't respect this, and sounds like he is pressuring her.

OP, I just wouldn't go, especially if you think he'll have a bad reaction. You're so young, take your time.

Blue balls, really. He can use his hand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Then say your not ready, underage too.
    Isn't the age of consent 16?

ReputationRep:
    You're in control of your own body, not him. Him being annoyed is just ridiculous.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I know I am breaking Guy Code but if you don't want to then don't. Who really cares if he gets annoyed. He doesn't understand that then he doesn't really care about you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just be honest and tell him you are not ready, if he gets angry about it then he is the wrong guy for you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.