Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

What qualities do sensible girls look for in guys? watch

ReputationRep:
    What qualities do sensible girls look for when it comes to potential boyfriends? As a 17 year old male who has never had a relationship with anyone, I am just interested in what makes a guy boyfriend material (hopefully that does not sound too weird).

ReputationRep:
    Every quality Ian Somerhalder has :love:

ReputationRep:
    Six pack
    8 inch ****
    6ft+

ReputationRep:
    Big...

Spoiler:
    Show
    wallet

Nice, patient. I'm asexual so very patient (but that's just me individually requiring exceptional patience from a guy since I typically won't want to do what he wants to do).
    Interested in being healthy, not necerssarily peak of fitness and no need for a great body, just generally trying to make good choices (not going to Mcdonalds all the time ect.)
    Oh and relatively intelligent, no need to be a genius, just ok.

Kind, funny, patient like the above poster said because I don't like when men get angry with me. I want someone to understand I may need more time to build up courage to do things, rather than get frustrated with me. Someone who isn't too loud, nor too quiet. Someone who would like to do things with me like go to museums and galleries. Someone who isn't a major extrovert because I'm not. I don't want a party animal or anything, just some calm and down to earth. Ultimately someone who enjoys my company as much as I would enjoy his.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    funny
    kind
    urm - buys me food :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Griezmann + cake = :love:
    FrenchUnicorn

:rofl:
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg gros cake.jpg (4.6 KB)

ReputationRep:
    Some of the qualities I like are:
    Caring
    Kind
    Down to earth
    Intelligent
    Funny
    Patient
    Is interesting (has hobbies)
    Has similar interests as me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Kind, funny, patient like the above poster said because I don't like when men get angry with me. I want someone to understand I may need more time to build up courage to do things, rather than get frustrated with me. Someone who isn't too loud, nor too quiet. Someone who would like to do things with me like go to museums and galleries. Someone who isn't a major extrovert because I'm not. I don't want a party animal or anything, just some calm and down to earth. Ultimately someone who enjoys my company as much as I would enjoy his.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Big...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    wallet
    oh gosh lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    funny
    kind
    urm - buys me food :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Griezmann + cake = :love:
    FrenchUnicorn

:rofl:

Haha, you are not the only person I know who likes Griezmann.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    Some of the qualities I like are:
    Caring
    Kind
    Down to earth
    Intelligent
    Funny
    Patient
    Is interesting (has hobbies)
    Has similar interests as me

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Nice, patient. I'm asexual so very patient (but that's just me individually requiring exceptional patience from a guy since I typically won't want to do what he wants to do).
    Interested in being healthy, not necerssarily peak of fitness and no need for a great body, just generally trying to make good choices (not going to Mcdonalds all the time ect.)
    Oh and relatively intelligent, no need to be a genius, just ok.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by down to earth

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by LaaaaddyyS)
    What do you mean by down to earth
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    like not in space/in the atmosphere
    Like physically on the Earth's surface
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    A compatible outlook and sense of humour*
    Funny
    Ambitious
    Good morals
    Nice to his mum
    Friendly/outgoing
    Sense of adventure
    Loyal
    Range of interests
    Doesn't take himself too seriously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Every quality Ian Somerhalder has :love:
    http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB10DatJ...-b-font-Tv.jpg

He looks too perfect I would never be with someone who looks like that. You would look like a undergrown troll if u stand next to him. Even if your a 8 or 9/10

ReputationRep:
    • Have a certain presence (stature + dominance + paternalistic aura) without being an alpha douchebro/aggressive

• Engaging, with good rapport and social skills (don't have to be James Bond but helps if you're also charismatic/charming from time to time)

• High self-worth, know your own mind, but the quietly self-assured type rather than too cocky/arrogant, and with a sense of humour/humility

• Self-interested/reliant and moderately indifferent/entitled, but also reasonably sensitive/considerate and, ultimately, dependable

(Original post by stefano865)
    Six pack
    8 inch ****
    6ft+
    Then why is it I can't seem to get a sensible girl? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEmperorofCats)
    What qualities do sensible girls look for when it comes to potential boyfriends? As a 17 year old male who has never had a relationship with anyone, I am just interested in what makes a guy boyfriend material (hopefully that does not sound too weird).
    Sensible girls? As opposed to the ones who go for guys that they're attracted to? Right. Just make yourself more desirable. Girls don't go around rationally selecting a boyf any more than men do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    • Have a certain presence (stature + dominance + paternalistic aura) without being an alpha douchebro/aggressive

• Engaging, with good rapport and social skills (don't have to be James Bond but helps if you're also charismatic/charming from time to time)

• High self-worth, know your own mind, but the quietly self-assured type rather than too cocky/arrogant, and with a sense of humour/humility

• Self-interested/reliant and moderately indifferent/entitled, but also reasonably sensitive/considerate and, ultimately, dependable

Then why is it I can't seem to get a sensible girl? :mmm:
    if a guy meets all three criteria and he's daddy AF,he shouldn't be having any problems *

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.