Turn on thread page Beta

Anybody know anything about selling art on a stall (ie. at a craft fair)? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in selling my art at craft fairs etc. but really not sure about the whole signing up for self employment to do it (it seems so complicated to me- filling in tax returns etc.). Anybody done this before? Is it simple?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I did this a few years ago, made some vinyl clocks and sold them online and at fairs etc, it's pretty simple. Most things depend on how much you actually make so if you're making just a little amount then there isn't much to do

Be careful selling at some events or unlicensed places though, you may need a street traders licence to take place in markets and things like that

Have a look here if you're looking to set up your business; https://www.gov.uk/working-for-yourself/overview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubybrown1234)
    Hey,

I did this a few years ago, made some vinyl clocks and sold them online and at fairs etc, it's pretty simple. Most things depend on how much you actually make so if you're making just a little amount then there isn't much to do

Be careful selling at some events or unlicensed places though, you may need a street traders licence to take place in markets and things like that

Have a look here if you're looking to set up your business; https://www.gov.uk/working-for-yourself/overview
    Thank you for your helpful reply

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.