Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok,so basically, I applied for a maintenance loan of £3821 thinking that is the amount I will get at the start of each school term. But i am getting mixed ideas that I willi either get £3821 for the whole year or else as I thought every term (every 12 weeks)

Can someone please tell me how many payments of £3821 I will get and if possible which dates will I get them on? I am really confused! #HELP!!!

:blushing:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Parthk26)
    Ok,so basically, I applied for a maintenance loan of £3821 thinking that is the amount I will get at the start of each school term. But i am getting mixed ideas that I willi either get £3821 for the whole year or else as I thought every term (every 12 weeks)

Can someone please tell me how many payments of £3821 I will get and if possible which dates will I get them on? I am really confused! #HELP!!!

If your entitlement letter says £3821, you ll get roughly £1273 a term. Did you non apply for the income assessed part?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

As Claire above said; you'll get 3 separate payments which make up the £3821 - one at the beginning of each term.

Assuming you're a new student, you'll get the first payment on the 21st/22nd of September 2016 as it takes a few days for the university to notify SFE that you're a student here; the second on Monday 9th January 2017 and the 3rd payment on Monday 24th April 2017.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    If your entitlement letter says £3821, you ll get roughly £1273 a term. Did you non apply for the income assessed part?
    Oops, only just seen the replies as i found this out from another source...But no i didn't do that as i thought i would get this amount per term so it would be enoughOh well, i guess i'll just be working harder after i have found myself a job haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    As Claire above said; you'll get 3 separate payments which make up the £3821 - one at the beginning of each term.

Assuming you're a new student, you'll get the first payment on the 21st/22nd of September 2016 as it takes a few days for the university to notify SFE that you're a student here; the second on Monday 9th January 2017 and the 3rd payment on Monday 24th April 2017.

Hope this helps
    Oh that's awesome! Thank you!
    I couldn't find out the dates anywhere so that was really helpful!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Oops, only just seen the replies as i found this out from another source...But no i didn't do that as i thought i would get this amount per term so it would be enoughOh well, i guess i'll just be working harder after i have found myself a job haha
    Claire will know better than me but I'd suggest looking at applying for the income assessed part of it ASAP

Oh that's awesome! Thank you!
    I couldn't find out the dates anywhere so that was really helpful!
    See: http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/about/termdates/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.