Beautifull British Columbia (pics)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
canuck
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I went hiking and fishing yesterday, and thought i should bring my camera to show the people on UKL somethin neat, take a look.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...0&gid=4725631&

The link is a slide show of 10 pictures, so be patient and look.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
wow that is pretty good
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
I stopped looking after i saw three of them, it's too depressing, everybody is having all these nice trips and holidays; meanwhile i'm stuck here doing bugger all.

Glad you had a nice time though, it looks good.
John Paul Jones
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by canuck)
I went hiking and fishing yesterday, and thought i should bring my camera to show the people on UKL somethin neat, take a look.

i would liked to have lived there between 1763 and 1814 - lovely !!
Gwarwick
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
BC is amazing, Im an Ontario man though. Great pics.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

they are lovely canuk.

*beautiful
canuck
Rep:
?
well, it wasnt much of a holiday, the trail is 30km from my house, and i was bored on sunday so i got my fishin rod and my gear and jumped into my midget and went hiking. The trail is only 4km long so it isnt much of a challenge.
John Paul Jones
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well, it wasnt much of a holiday, the trail is 30km from my house, and i was bored on sunday so i got my fishin rod and my gear and jumped into my midget and went hiking. The trail is only 4km long so it isnt much of a challenge.

i imagine brigades of redcoats lumbering through there, and also trading indians ! amazing, i wanna come ! lol
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by John Paul Jones)
i imagine brigades of redcoats lumbering through there, and also trading indians ! amazing, i wanna come ! lol
Do they still have mounties in Canada?
canuck
Rep:
?
actually, if your interested in that kinda stuff, you should visist the Royal British columbia Museum. During 1812 and 1776, captain cook and captain vancouver explored the B.C. coast. No other white man had entered B.C. untill the mid 1800's, and those were fur traders.
John Paul Jones
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
actually, if your interested in that kinda stuff, you should visist the Royal British columbia Museum. During 1812 and 1776, captain cook and captain vancouver explored the B.C. coast. No other white man had entered B.C. untill the mid 1800's, and those were fur traders.

wow - fantastic, i'll have to look for the website - didn't the hudson bay company travel through british columbia also?
canuck
Rep:
?
Yes we still have mounties in canada, but they dont wear the red coat everyday, only for ceremonial purposes. In my small town, the detachment has 1 seargent, and 5 constibles.
canuck
Rep:
?
The hudsons bay company was a fur trading company, and they hired scottish fur traders.
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes we still have mounties in canada, but they dont wear the red coat everyday, only for ceremonial purposes. In my small town, the detachment has 1 seargent, and 5 constibles.
I see.

I'm travelling through Canada up to Alaska from California in about a week
John Paul Jones
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The hudsons bay company was a fur trading company, and they hired scottish fur traders.

yeh, but wasn't one of their main trading routes through B.C? i'll have to check on one of my historical maps lol
canuck
Rep:
?
to understand fur trading, you have to understand supply and demand in Europe. Originally, the hudsons bay company competed with another company, forget the name. They had thier own fur trade routes, and competition was so fierce that gun fights broke out between them. The natives traded with the fur traders. As stocks of beaver dwindeled, The 2 companies had to go farther west to find more fur. They could only go so far, The hudsons bay company bought the the other company, and controlled all beaver pelts on the market.
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Breathtaking scenery! I feel like a walk in the woods now, although BC puts the Lickey Hills into perspective.
canuck
Rep:
?
(Original post by kieshaxxx)
I see.

I'm travelling through Canada up to Alaska from California in about a week
ya a lot of people do that, some australians did that, and stopped by our town and had to get thier van fixed, we ended up taking them places and ****.
kez-man
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Where abouts in BC where you? I went to Whistler a few years back, it was so cool. Didn't really like Vancouver though, the weather was a bit poor.
canuck
Rep:
?
I live on northern vancouver Island, really nice place, Our provincail capital is in Victoria, The most British place in westren canada, victoria is on vancouver island.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (90)
13.82%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (53)
8.14%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (84)
12.9%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (78)
11.98%
Other reasons are stopping me going (83)
12.75%
Nothing is stopping me going (263)
40.4%

Watched Threads