Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went hiking and fishing yesterday, and thought i should bring my camera to show the people on UKL somethin neat, take a look.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...0&gid=4725631&

The link is a slide show of 10 pictures, so be patient and look.

ReputationRep:
    wow that is pretty good

I stopped looking after i saw three of them, it's too depressing, everybody is having all these nice trips and holidays; meanwhile i'm stuck here doing bugger all.

Glad you had a nice time though, it looks good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canuck)
    I went hiking and fishing yesterday, and thought i should bring my camera to show the people on UKL somethin neat, take a look.

i would liked to have lived there between 1763 and 1814 - lovely !!

ReputationRep:
    BC is amazing, Im an Ontario man though. Great pics.

ReputationRep:

they are lovely canuk.

*beautiful

ReputationRep:
    well, it wasnt much of a holiday, the trail is 30km from my house, and i was bored on sunday so i got my fishin rod and my gear and jumped into my midget and went hiking. The trail is only 4km long so it isnt much of a challenge.

ReputationRep:
    well, it wasnt much of a holiday, the trail is 30km from my house, and i was bored on sunday so i got my fishin rod and my gear and jumped into my midget and went hiking. The trail is only 4km long so it isnt much of a challenge.

i imagine brigades of redcoats lumbering through there, and also trading indians ! amazing, i wanna come ! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    i imagine brigades of redcoats lumbering through there, and also trading indians ! amazing, i wanna come ! lol
    Do they still have mounties in Canada?

ReputationRep:
    actually, if your interested in that kinda stuff, you should visist the Royal British columbia Museum. During 1812 and 1776, captain cook and captain vancouver explored the B.C. coast. No other white man had entered B.C. untill the mid 1800's, and those were fur traders.

ReputationRep:
    actually, if your interested in that kinda stuff, you should visist the Royal British columbia Museum. During 1812 and 1776, captain cook and captain vancouver explored the B.C. coast. No other white man had entered B.C. untill the mid 1800's, and those were fur traders.

wow - fantastic, i'll have to look for the website - didn't the hudson bay company travel through british columbia also?

ReputationRep:
    Yes we still have mounties in canada, but they dont wear the red coat everyday, only for ceremonial purposes. In my small town, the detachment has 1 seargent, and 5 constibles.

ReputationRep:
    The hudsons bay company was a fur trading company, and they hired scottish fur traders.

ReputationRep:
    Yes we still have mounties in canada, but they dont wear the red coat everyday, only for ceremonial purposes. In my small town, the detachment has 1 seargent, and 5 constibles.
    I see.

I'm travelling through Canada up to Alaska from California in about a week

ReputationRep:
    The hudsons bay company was a fur trading company, and they hired scottish fur traders.

yeh, but wasn't one of their main trading routes through B.C? i'll have to check on one of my historical maps lol

ReputationRep:
    to understand fur trading, you have to understand supply and demand in Europe. Originally, the hudsons bay company competed with another company, forget the name. They had thier own fur trade routes, and competition was so fierce that gun fights broke out between them. The natives traded with the fur traders. As stocks of beaver dwindeled, The 2 companies had to go farther west to find more fur. They could only go so far, The hudsons bay company bought the the other company, and controlled all beaver pelts on the market.

ReputationRep:
    Breathtaking scenery! I feel like a walk in the woods now, although BC puts the Lickey Hills into perspective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    I see.

I'm travelling through Canada up to Alaska from California in about a week
    ya a lot of people do that, some australians did that, and stopped by our town and had to get thier van fixed, we ended up taking them places and ****.

ReputationRep:
    Where abouts in BC where you? I went to Whistler a few years back, it was so cool. Didn't really like Vancouver though, the weather was a bit poor.

ReputationRep:
    I live on northern vancouver Island, really nice place, Our provincail capital is in Victoria, The most British place in westren canada, victoria is on vancouver island.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.