Turn on thread page Beta

How do I avoid another summer of doing nothing? watch

Announcements

During school all my friends were school only friends and I never did much outside of school except for going to the gym. Since going to uni that changed, I made friends and had a decent social life however none of them live near me.
    I haven't contacted my school friends all year except to wish them a happy birthday (which none did to me) and really don't know what I'm doing.
    I've spent a bit of time walking around town playing pokemon go just to get out of the house but I don't think I can go a couple months doing that and nothing else.
    What the hell am I meant to do?

ReputationRep:
    I was feeling much of the same thing, I can't wait to get back to uni!
    I am working the next sale and then I'm volunteering at a charity shop the rest of the summer! It's a good thing to do, it gives me some work experience and it gets me out of the house for a few days a week!

ReputationRep:
    could you try and arrange something to do with your uni friends like could you all meet up somewhere which is like a meet in the middle place ? I'm sorry to hear you're not close to your school friends as I'm not close to mine either and I know that going to uni will just bring me even further apart. try not to get so obsessed about being sociable as there are ways you could meet people for instance you could join an exercise class at your local gym or something ?

You could contact your university friends and see if they want to have a weekend away with you (maybe somewhere halfway between where you and they live), or just some fun trips out to further away places. You could also contact your school friends and propose a reunion of sorts, to 'catch up' rather than become best friends (if you get what I mean)
    Regarding the rest of the holiday, get a new hobby, work on a skill and find a job- these will make your holiday feel much more productive. Try to do different things each day, rather than spending your holidays trapped in an endless cycle of boredom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    During school all my friends were school only friends and I never did much outside of school except for going to the gym. Since going to uni that changed, I made friends and had a decent social life however none of them live near me.
    I haven't contacted my school friends all year except to wish them a happy birthday (which none did to me) and really don't know what I'm doing.
    I've spent a bit of time walking around town playing pokemon go just to get out of the house but I don't think I can go a couple months doing that and nothing else.
    What the hell am I meant to do?
    - get a job
    - go abroad on holiday
    - join a gym, :dumbells: and become aesthetic af! :drool: :lol:

At worst, go play scrabble.

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest getting a job, I'm literally finishing off my CV as we speak and I plan on sending it in to as many places as I can with available jobs in my town. Hopefully I'll manage to get one, I don't even care about the money I just need an effective way to pass time and get some work experience for my CV :l

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.