Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The pain i get when i wear heels is so bad like i honestly cant wear heels because they hurt so much! I can walk only about 15 minutes in them before i have to stop and start or take them off completely. But what i dont understand is, i see many girls walk in heels and they are fine as well as celebrities who wear them almost daily. Do heels only hurt for beginners or do these other girls i see just know how to bare the pain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think so, but a large part comes down to the shoes themselves too. I always thought I couldn't walk in heels but I bought two pairs of block-heeled shoes over the last year, two to three inches in height, and I was surprised that I didn't mind walking around in them for a few hours, though they are still less comfortable than flat shoes. Maybe you can "graduate" with block heels since they seem to be everywhere this summer. I also find the ground surface to be a huge factor - I can dance and walk indoors in six-inch stilettos for hours but as soon as I'm on a pavement full of cracks and cobbles I'm like "Nope!"

Of course, there is absolutely nothing wrong with just sticking to flat shoes. They can be very fashionable too. *

ReputationRep:
    It does get easier. I have a medical condition which causes weak legs and before it got worse I was able to walk in 6 inch heels ! I started out with wedges and then went to block heels and then sort of started with 3 or 4 inch heels before trying the big 6 inch ones. I used to walk around the house and practise. You'll find that different surface areas can make it a lot harder too. As for the pain, sore feet is always a price to pay - but remember that your calves and butt will look amazing !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrannySmith)
    It does get easier. I have a medical condition which causes weak legs and before it got worse I was able to walk in 6 inch heels ! I started out with wedges and then went to block heels and then sort of started with 3 or 4 inch heels before trying the big 6 inch ones. I used to walk around the house and practise. You'll find that different surface areas can make it a lot harder too. As for the pain, sore feet is always a price to pay - but remember that your calves and butt will look amazing !!
    Great advice!

How can anyone do this in heels?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.