Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The pain i get when i wear heels is so bad like i honestly cant wear heels because they hurt so much! I can walk only about 15 minutes in them before i have to stop and start or take them off completely. But what i dont understand is, i see many girls walk in heels and they are fine as well as celebrities who wear them almost daily. Do heels only hurt for beginners or do these other girls i see just know how to bare the pain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think so, but a large part comes down to the shoes themselves too. I always thought I couldn't walk in heels but I bought two pairs of block-heeled shoes over the last year, two to three inches in height, and I was surprised that I didn't mind walking around in them for a few hours, though they are still less comfortable than flat shoes. Maybe you can "graduate" with block heels since they seem to be everywhere this summer. I also find the ground surface to be a huge factor - I can dance and walk indoors in six-inch stilettos for hours but as soon as I'm on a pavement full of cracks and cobbles I'm like "Nope!"

Of course, there is absolutely nothing wrong with just sticking to flat shoes. They can be very fashionable too. *

ReputationRep:
    It does get easier. I have a medical condition which causes weak legs and before it got worse I was able to walk in 6 inch heels ! I started out with wedges and then went to block heels and then sort of started with 3 or 4 inch heels before trying the big 6 inch ones. I used to walk around the house and practise. You'll find that different surface areas can make it a lot harder too. As for the pain, sore feet is always a price to pay - but remember that your calves and butt will look amazing !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrannySmith)
    It does get easier. I have a medical condition which causes weak legs and before it got worse I was able to walk in 6 inch heels ! I started out with wedges and then went to block heels and then sort of started with 3 or 4 inch heels before trying the big 6 inch ones. I used to walk around the house and practise. You'll find that different surface areas can make it a lot harder too. As for the pain, sore feet is always a price to pay - but remember that your calves and butt will look amazing !!
    Great advice!

How can anyone do this in heels?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.