Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will all my friends and family see this? [URGENT] Watch

Hi there-

I have a 2nd Twitter account, that well I don't want other people in my contact list to know about.

If I sign back into it, will my friends get one of those*notifications saying something like "Your friend XYZ is bow on Twitter as XYZ"?

Or will that only happen if I link my Twitter with my phone number?

Also it's not a new account (I've had it on my phone before), it's one I deactivated for a few weeks, but have now reactivated it on my desktop.

Or am I safe?

Thanks!*

ReputationRep:
    Oh is it your hanky panky account

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by A321)
    Oh is it your hanky panky account

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, my family and most of my contacts are strict Muslims. I'm not anymore, and this other account is just me being me. Swearing, talking about alcohol, boxing, random sh**. But it'll cause me too much hassle if my family see.

ReputationRep:
    This will only happen if you link your twitter to your phone number. Then when people try and follow someone it may come up on "suggested" followers or "potential followers in contacts" you know what I mean?

(Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    This will only happen if you link your twitter to your phone number. Then when people try and follow someone it may come up on "suggested" followers or "potential followers in contacts" you know what I mean?
    Ok thanks. Yeah, you know what I mean about the notification though? You ever had it where it flashes up on your phone, and/or on Twitter and it says your contact has joined Twitter? Won't get that either?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok thanks. Yeah, you know what I mean about the notification though? You ever had it where it flashes up on your phone, and/or on Twitter and it says your contact has joined Twitter? Won't get that either?
    I forgot to mention, don't link your twitter to any other social media because it will show up then as well. For example if you link your twitter to facebook and if people have the twitter app it will come up that "X from Facebook has joined Twitter" similarly with Instagram if you link it to Facebook or your phone it will be like "Your contact/facebook friend has now joined twitter"

So just don't link it to anything, not even your phone number.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.