Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if NO Postgrad Loan or Career Development Loan then what? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi! hope you can advise. I`m EU (will be hopefully) postgrad student from Sept 2016 (conversion MSc), I`ve got unconditional offer from uni;

the only thing is that I`m not eligible to apply for ANY student loan (as I already hold Masters from my country) or Carrier Development Loan either as they are available to UK Citizens only. I have been living and working here for more than 3 yrs now, but still wouldn`t be able to afford tuition... please help!!!!! I`m stuck and desperate to get new qualification

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kgk)
    Hi! hope you can advise. I`m EU (will be hopefully) postgrad student from Sept 2016 (conversion MSc), I`ve got unconditional offer from uni;

the only thing is that I`m not eligible to apply for ANY student loan (as I already hold Masters from my country) or Carrier Development Loan either as they are available to UK Citizens only. I have been living and working here for more than 3 yrs now, but still wouldn`t be able to afford tuition... please help!!!!! I`m stuck and desperate to get new qualification
    There is no other guarenteed source of funding in the UK so you may find your only option is to work and save up and defer for a year at least, especially with it being so close to September now. Universities usually offer a few bursaries to Masters students with an exceptional academic record and its worth checking what your university offers, however these are very competitive and its likely the deadline has passed. There are also some organisations who offer small grants to people - each usually has their own criteria but again I don't know if you've left it too late and I don't know how much you'd be able to get from them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.