Destiny.
    What career is that then?

ReputationRep:
    Thought it would be interesting but its just as boring as any other career

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    What career is that then?
    Coaching, counselling, researching, writing, and hosting in the Health and Wellness sector :hippie:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    100% what people told me on tsr
    Spoiler:
    Show
    not to do biology a-level
    CASE CLOSED
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I love maths, physics, the climate and research.

ReputationRep:
    Money.

ReputationRep:
    My dad had a lot of radiotherapy and i found it interesting so woohoo i now want to be a radiographer
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Because I love History so so so much, I spend my days reading history books and things, and I excel at it academically. So I thought, I'll be a History academic/researcher/professor (and also I can do a PHD and get a Dr. in front of my name instead of miss/mrs and that's pretty awesome as well).

ReputationRep:
    Well I've always love working with children so I wanted to be an early years teacher. But after doing several work placements in nurseries and pre schools I thought it wasn't challenging enough and I wanted to do more so I decided that I want to be a primary school teacher.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I've wanted a career in scientific research for a while, I just wasn't sure which area of biology. I then took a module in veterinary parasitology and fell in love with learning about it :lol: I've also been keen to contribute towards veterinary health too so this is perfect for me.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Because I love History so so so much, I spend my days reading history books and things, and I excel at it academically. So I thought, I'll be a History academic/researcher/professor (and also I can do a PHD and get a Dr. in front of my name instead of miss/mrs and that's pretty awesome as well).
    The history PhD dream. One day. :moon:

Having a major operation suddenly made me really interested in sciences, especially in becoming a surgeon.
    Then, surprisingly, charity ads from organisations like Save the Children and MSF actually gave me the proper eureka moment- I wanted to be doing things like that. Therefore, after lots of research I decided that I wanted to go into medical aid work

ReputationRep:
    Money

ReputationRep:
    Innate vocation from around the age of 4.

ReputationRep:
    Long so imma put in spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This probably sounds terribly cliched, and maybe even a little misinformed, but I wanted to become a lawyer because I wished to defend people,particularly those who otherwise had no voice. There was no epiphanic moment, rather it just seemed almost natural for me to pursue Law. My decision stemmed a lot from my childhood experiences. I grew up in Ivory Coast(West Africa) and Lebanon(Middle East.) While my childhood was mostly happy, it was tainted by traumatic experiences. Without going too in depth, I had the unfortunate experience of witnessing three wars/conflicts which significantly influenced me. Seeing unspeakable things happen to innocent people, seeing your family's home town bombed and relatives,little children killed, while the perpetrators are deemed justified, filled me with levels of anger and sadness that no child should have. Even after the wars, just casual interactions with people in my country was enough to show the depths of injustice some people faced. It was even sadder and disheartening to see so called upholders of justice being so easily bribed and corrupted,which initially discouraged me from pursuing Law. But now I'm certain of what I want, even though it seems terribly difficult and there's no straight forward route.. I sometimes ask myself whether I will make even the smallest difference in someone's life with the profession? But only time will tell I suppose. I hope to become a human rights lawyer in the future

ReputationRep:
    Have loved acting (Drama) from a long time..so hopefully an actor! Parents want me to be a dentist though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    Long so imma put in spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This probably sounds terribly cliched, and maybe even a little misinformed, but I wanted to become a lawyer because I wished to defend people,particularly those who otherwise had no voice. There was no epiphanic moment, rather it just seemed almost natural for me to pursue Law. My decision stemmed a lot from my childhood experiences. I grew up in Ivory Coast(West Africa) and Lebanon(Middle East.) While my childhood was mostly happy, it was tainted by traumatic experiences. Without going too in depth, I had the unfortunate experience of witnessing three wars/conflicts which significantly influenced me. Seeing unspeakable things happen to innocent people, seeing your family's home town bombed and relatives,little children killed, while the perpetrators are deemed justified, filled me with levels of anger and sadness that no child should have. Even after the wars, just casual interactions with people in my country was enough to show the depths of injustice some people faced. It was even sadder and disheartening to see so called upholders of justice being so easily bribed and corrupted,which initially discouraged me from pursuing Law. But now I'm certain of what I want, even though it seems terribly difficult and there's no straight forward route.. I sometimes ask myself whether I will make even the smallest difference in someone's life with the profession? But only time will tell I suppose. I hope to become a human rights lawyer in the future
    You are aware your work will place your life in danger sometimes,but will you still carry on ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    My dad had a lot of radiotherapy and i found it interesting so woohoo i now want to be a radiographer
    I thought you wanted to do medicine -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.