harrisonchar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've just finished GCSE's and next year I'm taking maths, further maths, physics and engineering at A Level, I'm pretty keen to start getting to grips with the work and my sixth form have given me enough worksheets and bridging material to keep me interested over the summer, however I wondered if anyone had any suggestions on any articles/books or other things I could just read to learn a little bit around my subjects. Any responses would be greatly appreciated
Ochotona98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by harrisonchar)
I've just finished GCSE's and next year I'm taking maths, further maths, physics and engineering at A Level, I'm pretty keen to start getting to grips with the work and my sixth form have given me enough worksheets and bridging material to keep me interested over the summer, however I wondered if anyone had any suggestions on any articles/books or other things I could just read to learn a little bit around my subjects. Any responses would be greatly appreciated
Hi,

I would suggest reading some articles from the Physics Review Magazines published by Hodder Education with research from UK universities (like York). They are designed for A-level students and are a good way to start further reading into a subject. They usually bring out the magazines with related topics coinciding with those brought up in your lessons (for me anyway). They helped me to get a good first grasp on research into my subject (Biology for me) and it sounds like it's what you are looking for

Your sixth form may have them if they have a magazine section, otherwise you can buy them from some shops or get a subscription to them online (though I would recommend reading 1 or 2 to see if they are for you)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads