Turn on thread page Beta

BREAKING - Lorry strikes Nice crowd on Bastille Day watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36800730

How horrible, I hope this doesn't escalate.. according to the source, shots were fired at the lorry.

ReputationRep:
    ISIS are really beginning to piss me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    ISIS are really beginning to piss me off.
    There's no reports saying it's ISIS yet, I reckon it's probably a drunk driver or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeremyHunt)
    religion of peace
    You're heartless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    There's no reports saying it's ISIS yet, I reckon it's probably a drunk driver or something.
    Almost definitely a terror attack - footage shows gunshots and armed police taking cover.

Probably ISIS-linked

ReputationRep:
    Some footage and pictures: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...ille-Day-crowd
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7137791.html
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    "NOBODY has claimed responsibility." — France24

ReputationRep:
    Ah more cultural enrichment then?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Please don't post gory images or videos guys. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Please don't post gory images or videos guys. Thanks.
    I was just about to post a link to a pretty bad video clip. It's horrible.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Can I put the link in a spoiler?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMonarchist)
    Ah more cultural enrichment then?
    Reports that the driver was mowing them down on purpose, also shots exchanged and blood on windscreen :mad:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Please don't I've seen some of the images and they're rather upsetting.

ReputationRep:
    If this is ISIS related then this needs to be said.

All of the people that choose to hate and attack Muslims for this are just playing to ISIS's plans, ISIS wants to divide Muslims and Non Muslims and create so much hatred towards muslims that when the muslims that are easily breakable break, they join ISIS that are going to welcome them with open arms.

ISIS aren't some savages in the sand, they are quite clever and know how to use years of Racism/ Islamophobia to their advantage, they're biggest enemies are moderate/ peaceful muslims and liberals. When they see Far right such as EDL and Britain First/ other football hooligans, they don't shiver and say "oh no." They slap their knee and say "haha suckers" because these people are their most valuable allies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    No
    :getmecoat:

(Original post by Deyesy)
    Please don't I've seen some of the images and they're rather upsetting.
    Ok.

They're traumatising. I don't know why I look at them. It must be horrible for the people that are there

ReputationRep:
    I honestly thought that after the Euros went past with no terrorist attacks that France will be laid off for a while but I guess not anymore
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    :getmecoat:

Ok.

They're traumatising. I don't know why I look at them. It must be horrible for the people that are there
    As Ethan as has said; if people wish to seek them out outside of TSR, they're doing the rounds on social media. TSR isn't the place to share such images however

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay_Cartwright)
    If this is ISIS related then this needs to be said.

All of the people that choose to hate and attack Muslims for this are just playing to ISIS's plans, ISIS wants to divide Muslims and Non Muslims and create so much hatred towards muslims that when the muslims that are easily breakable break, they join ISIS that are going to welcome them with open arms.

ISIS aren't some savages in the sand, they are quite clever and know how to use years of Racism/ Islamophobia to their advantage, they're biggest enemies are moderate/ peaceful muslims and liberals. When they see Far right such as EDL and Britain First/ other football hooligans, they don't shiver and say "oh no." They slap their knee and say "haha suckers" because these people are their most valuable allies.
    Quit deluding yourself. It is becoming clear that Muslims cannot live peacefully alongside other non-muslim people. It would be best if they all go to their Islamic lands, we won't bomb/invade/interfere with them, they can get on with their thing and we can get on with ours. Unfortunately nobody has the guts to stand up and make it happen.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    As Ethan as has said; if people wish to seek them out outside of TSR, they're doing the rounds on social media. TSR isn't the place to share such images however
    Cheers Deyesy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMonarchist)
    Quit deluding yourself. It is becoming clear that Muslims cannot live peacefully alongside other non-muslim people. It would be best if they all go to their Islamic lands, we won't bomb/invade/interfere with them, they can get on with their thing and we can get on with ours. Unfortunately nobody has the guts to stand up and make it happen.
    Because all Muslims are the same, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Anyway, put this discussion on hold until we find out who did it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.