Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Itchy "down there" all the time? watch

ReputationRep:
    If I let my hair on the bikini area grow, it itches, but if I shave (even gently) the stubble also itches. Is there anything I can put on it to stop?

ReputationRep:
    Wax it the hair will grow back soft and slowly. There's also no stubble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
    Wax it the hair will grow back soft and slowly. There's also no stubble.
    I might get it waxed I can't do it myself :eek:

Is it worth the price?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeremyHunt)
    If I let my hair on the bikini area grow, it itches, but if I shave (even gently) the stubble also itches. Is there anything I can put on it to stop?
    I'm not sure of any particular brand, but Boots and other pharmaceutical shops tend to sell beard conditioner for when pruritus occurs. It's not exactly for the same cause, but it's very similar. If you do buy it, just be careful that it doesn't irritate the skin more, as that area is a bit more tender and susceptible to irritation. Best thing to do is to try a little bit of the conditioner to ensure your skin reacts well, and if so, obviously put it where needed.

ReputationRep:
    I might get it waxed I can't do it myself :eek:

Is it worth the price?
    It's not expensive many salons will do it inexpenisvely. Also I would say it's worth it as it saves you time and effort of having to shave everyday because the hair grows back slowly.

ReputationRep:
    Alternatively you could trim it to a length where it's not itchy or stubbly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmed16)
    I'm not sure of any particular brand, but Boots and other pharmaceutical shops tend to sell beard conditioner for when pruritus occurs. It's not exactly for the same cause, but it's very similar. If you do buy it, just be careful that it doesn't irritate the skin more, as that area is a bit more tender and susceptible to irritation. Best thing to do is to try a little bit of the conditioner to ensure your skin reacts well, and if so, obviously put it where needed.
    Thanks, which one would you get from Boots? I already use shaving gel and put salcyclic acid on sometimes

(Original post by TSRsarahhhh)
    It's not expensive many salons will do it inexpenisvely. Also I would say it's worth it as it saves you time and effort of having to shave everyday because the hair grows back slowly.
    How often do you have to do it, every month? Might see if I can find a cheap place near :

ReputationRep:
    Students will wax your balls for free, Jeremy.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, which one would you get from Boots? I already use shaving gel and put salcyclic acid on sometimes

How often do you have to do it, every month? Might see if I can find a cheap place near :
    Everyone's hair grows at different speeds, my body hair grows back so slowly (except my eyebrows and moustache ). I often alternate between shaving ant waxing aswell and just doing what I fee like so I can't really recomend how often.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is the same so I just keep it trimmed really short and it's fine. Depends on if you want to have it all removed or if you don't mind keeping some.

If you're going to get it removed, look at lotions and serums that help with ingrown hair for private areas, that's usually what causes the itching when it's growing back

ReputationRep:
    Eternal struggle. Waxing is the best option for minimal regrowth but if you can't afford it or stomach doing it yourself then hair removal cream is great (for me anyway). It might not help if you have sensitive skin but I find the regrowth is soft so it doesn't itch.

Otherwise I wonder if there are products you can get, cream or whatever, to minimise itching, that way you can choose whether to shave or not and it won't itch either way. Worth a google maybe.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like you need a new hair removal technique if shaving or growing it out isn't for you. i prefer waxing and it lasts long too. but there's hair removal cream too or maybe try a different razor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.