Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm thinking about applying to Winchester in 2017 (next September) and I was wondering if anyone had any reviews on the media and communications course? I would be really grateful to see what people think of the course because I absolutely love media and I really want to study abroad so this course sounds perfect to me. But I also want to have an overview of what you do whilst taking the course. Thank you ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayleigh Hambly)
    Hey guys, I'm thinking about applying to Winchester in 2017 (next September) and I was wondering if anyone had any reviews on the media and communications course? I would be really grateful to see what people think of the course because I absolutely love media and I really want to study abroad so this course sounds perfect to me. But I also want to have an overview of what you do whilst taking the course. Thank you ☺️
    I have applied for September 2017 Media and Communications and have received a conditional offer of 120 UCAS points. I love the uni, town and for course a trip Winchester and I think it will be my first choice however I'm really worried about the exam element of the course as I suck at exams and tend to panic and manage to barely scrape a pass and there's a written exam in 1st year with pracatical exams in 2nd and 3rd whereas my second choice uni is all coursework so I'm worried about how I'll cope with that if I do pick Winchester

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've got a conditional offer from Winchester too which says I have to get 120 ucas points but I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayleigh Hambly)
    Hey I've got a conditional offer from Winchester too which says I have to get 120 ucas points but I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine ☺️
    I'be gotten all my offers now so I need to decide where I want to go now

ReputationRep:
    Me too! Where else have you applied? ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Winchester, Worcester and Bath Spa, you?

ReputationRep:
    Winchester, Newcastle, Liverpool John Moores, Leicester De Montfort and Lancaster.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know which will be your firm choice yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm actually studying that course now at Winchester! I'm in first year so I've almost finished my first semester. With this course you'll get a free iPad mini which is the most useful thing ever.. you'll have 4 modules which will be mostly group work on projects. You'll do Reading Film, Manipulating Media, Media skills and key concepts. This course is well rounded as the media skills module is all practical (learning how to use a JVC 600 then going out and filming with a group) whilst key concepts is all about the theorists behind media studies, you'll do from images and branding to talking about Donald trump and Nigel farage which is informative yet incredibly entertaining. I obviously don't know about second and third year but the course I think is brilliant because forces you to get out your comfort zone which is rather rewarding when you look back at the work you've completed!
    Winchester as a city is amazing and personally I love! If there is anything else you want to know just say so happy to answer any questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bowerswinchmedia)
    Hey,
    I'm actually studying that course now at Winchester! I'm in first year so I've almost finished my first semester. With this course you'll get a free iPad mini which is the most useful thing ever.. you'll have 4 modules which will be mostly group work on projects. You'll do Reading Film, Manipulating Media, Media skills and key concepts. This course is well rounded as the media skills module is all practical (learning how to use a JVC 600 then going out and filming with a group) whilst key concepts is all about the theorists behind media studies, you'll do from images and branding to talking about Donald trump and Nigel farage which is informative yet incredibly entertaining. I obviously don't know about second and third year but the course I think is brilliant because forces you to get out your comfort zone which is rather rewarding when you look back at the work you've completed!
    Winchester as a city is amazing and personally I love! If there is anything else you want to know just say so happy to answer any questions
    Thank you so much, I'm going to another open day this Saturday (26th) and I think I'm going to put it as my first choice. If I have any other questions I'll ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    Nice, I'm planning on Winchester being my first

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 22, 2016

University open days

• University of Winchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.