Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HI, I don't get my university hall preference, so I'm getting private accommodation this year. I'm 2nd year international student.

can some expert help me?

my priority preference is
    1. En Suite (my own shower room!)
    2. around Victoria Park campus area. I definitely don't want Fallowfield (too far away) and city centre (too crowded and also far away, but fine if there is no other choices)

I heard about mansionstudent accommodation, but I don't know how many of them are in Manchester and whether it's full already or not

please help, I don't know where to start searching

ReputationRep:
    Start on the websites. Most student accommodation goes by July 1st but there are still options.

First Google 'student accommodation Manchester' that will give you a few links for companies.

Then you can also try easy roommate and spare room. Those are mostly for shared houses but some also have ensuite rooms.

There is also Gumtree. Maybe you can get a studio flat or something that's in your budget.

Just search and create alerts for new ads.

ReputationRep:
    what is studio flat btw? what's the difference with normal one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beruangmacan)
    what is studio flat btw? what's the difference with normal one?
    1 bedroom flat will usually have separate rooms for a bedroom, bathroom and kitchen and will either have a separate lounge room or have it connected to the kitchen. So 2-3 rooms and a bathroom.

A studio flat has one room and a bathroom. In that one room you will have a kitchen area on one side and the bedroom/lounge area on the other but it's all in the same room.

ReputationRep:
    any help / reccommendation pls? i don't know which are good and which aren't

ReputationRep:
    Look for them on spareroom/easyroommate. Contact the landlord/agent/advertisers and do the viewing, then you decide which ones are / aren't good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi! Have you had chance to look at Wilmslow Park House?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.