Turn on thread page Beta

Student finance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! My name is Jakub and I will be studying medicine in Medical university of Warsaw. I currently live in Northern Ireland and I have completed my A-levels in Northern Ireland. I will be moving to Warsaw after this summer for my course. My problem is that the student finance NI only gives financial help to students who will be studying in UK. I have asked them if I would be eligible for any finance if i study in Poland but unfortunately they said no and now I am stuck with a problem of covering my massive payments for my medical course on my own. Does anyone know how else I could get any financial help for students? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuba939)
    Hi everyone! My name is Jakub and I will be studying medicine in Medical university of Warsaw. I currently live in Northern Ireland and I have completed my A-levels in Northern Ireland. I will be moving to Warsaw after this summer for my course. My problem is that the student finance NI only gives financial help to students who will be studying in UK. I have asked them if I would be eligible for any finance if i study in Poland but unfortunately they said no and now I am stuck with a problem of covering my massive payments for my medical course on my own. Does anyone know how else I could get any financial help for students? Thank you.
    As far as I know, there are no uni fees in Poland, unless you chose to study part time/evenings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    As far as I know, there are no uni fees in Poland, unless you chose to study part time/evenings?
    It's free only for Poland citizens ir those who meet the specific requirements. Usually includes having lived in the country for a set amount of time or having personal connections

ReputationRep:
    Q: Can I apply for scholarship?
    A:*All international students may apply for scholarships within bilateral agreements on direct cooperation offered through Bureau for Academic Recognition and International Exchange (www.buwiwm.edu.pl).*
    Scholarships for students from European Union are offered within the framework of the Socrates/Erasmus program (www.socrates.org.pl).* In addition university scholarships are available for academic excellence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    It's free only for Poland citizens ir those who meet the specific requirements. Usually includes having lived in the country for a set amount of time or having personal connections
    Ah, ok.

ReputationRep:
    Ciel you are right, there are no fees for polish students but I have applied for the English facualty which means I will be studying in English language and there are costs for this programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuba939)
    Ciel you are right, there are no fees for polish students but I have applied for the English facualty which means I will be studying in English language and there are costs for this programme.
    Oh ok, I don't think there's any support available in that case, apart from the scholarship thing Devify mentioned.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.