Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I received my accommodation offer a few days back, and got Tennis Courts (which was my first choice). The thing is, I'm now questioning it a little. The price difference is around £1,000 and I'm not sure it's worth it. Having looked at the uni website's 360 view of the Tennis Court bedroom and kitchen, they seem kind of small. The main reason I favoured TC originally was the shorter walk to uni, and because I know that Maple kitchens are crazy small, but now I'm worrying TC ones are just as bad.

I've also physically been inside a Maple Bank flat, and have been very pleasantly surprised by the bedroom size. How does the TC bedroom compare? If anyone has any photos or first hand experience, or even just experience from an accommodation open day, that would be awesome. Plus Maple is a lot closer to The Hub (student bar, shop e.t.c.)

Also, even if I were to change my mind, what are the odds of me being able to swap to Maple if I contact the accommodation office? Or is it too late, considering I've been given my offer?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dear_Rhian)
    Hey guys,

I received my accommodation offer a few days back, and got Tennis Courts (which was my first choice). The thing is, I'm now questioning it a little. The price difference is around £1,000 and I'm not sure it's worth it. Having looked at the uni website's 360 view of the Tennis Court bedroom and kitchen, they seem kind of small. The main reason I favoured TC originally was the shorter walk to uni, and because I know that Maple kitchens are crazy small, but now I'm worrying TC ones are just as bad.

I've also physically been inside a Maple Bank flat, and have been very pleasantly surprised by the bedroom size. How does the TC bedroom compare? If anyone has any photos or first hand experience, or even just experience from an accommodation open day, that would be awesome. Plus Maple is a lot closer to The Hub (student bar, shop e.t.c.)

Also, even if I were to change my mind, what are the odds of me being able to swap to Maple if I contact the accommodation office? Or is it too late, considering I've been given my offer?

Thanks!
    Ive never been inside these flats but you do know that tennis court is about 5-6 mins closer to campus im not sure i would say its significantly shorter ??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 23, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.