Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of Theresa May as prime minister? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to think. Do you think she'll be any better than Cameron?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope she is nice to Larry

ReputationRep:
    I hope Larry isn't sold to the chinese.

ReputationRep:
    She said a lot of nice fluffy things but at the end of the day there isnt the time or money with brexit to do them and she will probably spend most of her time putting out fires.

There's some huge problems to come in places department work and pensions with the univeersal credit non roll out and then in schools and healthcare

ReputationRep:
    Way too early to tell how effective she and her Government will be but I think she has been very clever in some of her appointments. Especially with the FO EU departments. You can interpret that as relating to Boris' appointment and foxtrot oscar EU

Anyway, she has effectively said "OK, prove what you said is true". Accepting we are where we are she can't lose. She has said out means out and we will do the best we can to make a go of it. Not an issue of her making but has shown some metaphorical balls so far

ReputationRep:
    She should really be making sandwiches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzy21)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She is unelected and shouldn't be allowed to make any major policy changes including Brexit until there has been a general election.

Another concern is that Damien Green is new head of the DWP and he's old school like IDS we can expect years of misery inflicted on the disabled and poor, sanctions, cuts to benefit, workfare, bedroom tax and other cruel policies to create poverty, food banks, malnutrition and homelessness.

ReputationRep:
    she is a female david cameron, isn't she? what can you say that differentiates her from david cameron other than her gender?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarora)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

ReputationRep:
    This is the 21st Century pal........better get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    she is a female david cameron, isn't she? what can you say that differentiates her from david cameron other than her gender?
    She's a bit more authoritarian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I hope she is nice to Larry
    Middle aged woman...no kids...cat

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    This is a woman with 100 cookbooks. I suggest that she does spend a fair amount of time in the kitchen.

(Original post by nulli tertius)
    Middle aged woman...no kids...cat

What do you think?
    Maybe she will buy another 20 cats to keep him company and we will have our first crazy cat lady pm.

ReputationRep:
    She's already showing signs of Prime Minister-itis. She just dived into Cobra (about Turkey, goodness knows why that needs a Cobra meeting - unless it's to, er, drink some Cobra) which might be a new record for Cobra-entry - I think Cameron left it a few weeks before he did his first.

From now on, she will be in and out of COBRA about five times a week and twice on Sundays.

ReputationRep:
    She looks like a mediocre bond villain.

Other than that she seems moderately competent if utterly unimaginative. After four years of May and Hammond, we could all be bored into voting for Corbyn- which is probably his best shot.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    She's relatively pleasing.

In contrast to the Cameron government she's much more representative of the average person (middle class and state educated), she's long appeared to be a tad further left than the Cameron government on the economy however the main differences will be social whereby she is utterly wedded to security, both metaphorically and literally so in that sense it will be more like Blair than Cameron. Her propensity for metaphorical security will also mean that bar the EU, the scale and pace of change will be limited.

To conclude.. in 2015 the voters in polls said that one of their primary motivations for voting Cameron was that perceived him as a safe and reliable pair of hands. The Tory MP's have now elected an even more small 'c' conservative who will be even more risk adverse than Cameron.

I think though that her position on the economy, her background and her general appearance (not charismatic but strong, honest and clear without the waffle) will probably do her favours among the electorate so long as she actually uses the opportunity she's been given to target the more normal person. I don't think people outside the left will care too much at the ballot box about social policy.

Personally i look forward to 2020 and our ensuing victory which now that we have passed the two events with most capability to destroy us internally is looking ever more likely. Especially in light of the fact that the Tories are consistently polling better than this stage in the last parliament.

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I align with her politically (I'm neither Tory or a Bremainer), but I reckon she's competent. Neither overly bad or overly good.

Caretaker PM quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzy21)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No idea, she hasn't done anything yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.