Turn on thread page Beta

Should we ban Muslims from entering the UK? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    After all these terror attacks being committed by Muslims, surely it would make sense to stop any more of them from coming here? I understand that some Muslims are born here in the UK and we can't do anything about them but surely it's reasonable to at least temporarily ban any people from Muslim countries, except non-Muslims, from entering the UK? I get that a lot of them aren't terrorists but quite a lot of them are, so surely this is the most reasonable thing to do? Either that or ban trucks.

ReputationRep:
    these outright banning orders will only result in more terrorism.

the horrifying thing is the mindset behind these atrocities and how we, the common people, seem powerless to stop them regardless of the security measures we try to impose...

ReputationRep:
    Some of the people carrying out these attacks were born in the county they attacked so I don't think it'll work.

ReputationRep:
    So you have some evidence quite a lot of Muslim individuals are terrorist, like you claimed right? A number sufficiently high that we should demolish civil liberties, and go along with blatant discriminatory act, despite most evidence suggesting most terrorists are home grown ones, and despite basic mathematics suggesting terrorists making up a very, very tiny minority of Muslim population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    After all these terror attacks being committed by Muslims, surely it would make sense to stop any more of them from coming here? I understand that some Muslims are born here in the UK and we can't do anything about them but surely it's reasonable to at least temporarily ban any people from Muslim countries, except non-Muslims, from entering the UK? I get that a lot of them aren't terrorists but quite a lot of them are, so surely this is the most reasonable thing to do? Either that or ban trucks.
    Regarding the bold, really?! There are at least 2 million Muslims in the UK, so to say that "quite a lot of them are" terrorists is beyond ridiculous. In the US, there are at least 3 million Muslims... and similarly, a handful at best are terrorists. Banning people of a certain faith is ridiculous. There are Christian terrorists and killers, from the IRA to those who attack schools, yet nobody is proposing banning all Christians. Many of the most notable acts that have led to deaths haven't been committed by Muslims, and so-called Muslims that do commit terrorism are radicalised, and don't represent the millions of Muslims in this country.

And even if "quite a lot of" Muslims were terrorists, and that isn't the case, banning them from entering the UK would change hardly anything, as UK citizens can also be radicalised.

ReputationRep:
    "After all these drunken antics being committed by mostly white British people, surely it would make sense to stop any more of them from hoing on holiday abroad? I understand that some white British people don't drink and we can't do anything about them but surely it's reasonable to at least temporarily ban any people from going to other countries, except non-whites, from leaving the UK? I get that a lot of them aren't drunkards but quite a lot of them are, so surely this is the most reasonable thing to do? Either that or ban alcohol."

Retarded logic.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.