The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
trev1122
Exeter is better than UEA as Exeter is in a better position in the league table than UEA.

Read earlier posts by PQ. Which league tables? Sunday Time LT rates it lower than UEA so ratings which are so close to each other can usually be taken with a pinch of salt.
Reply 61
trev1122
Exeter is better than UEA as Exeter is in a better position in the league table than UEA.

Whoa! hes right!! why didnt anyone else think of that!?
Actually, if you read through the first page of this thread, you'll see that Exeter is better on 2 league tables by 5 and 10 places, and UEA is better on another by 11 places. Last year UEA was higher on 2 (about 20-30 places higher on the guardian but it took a big fall for, un-known reasons, this year), and lower on 1, so there really is no difference.
Pegasus
Actually I just remembered I don't like Exeter because they didn't send me a prospectus.

...but perhaps thats better than Kent who just got carried away and sent me three...

Haha, you're as bad as me! The delivery/misdelivery/excessive delivery of prospectuses has coloured my views on more than one institution.

The pack which SOAS sent me had similar dimensions to the Argos catalogue - what use do I have for their last three campus publications and a host of other literature? I get the impression that their admin staff are trying desperately to offload reams of this stuff!

UCL's prospectus came the day after I ordered it off the website though. :smile:
Reply 63
mobbdeeprob
Haha, you're as bad as me! The delivery/misdelivery/excessive delivery of prospectuses has coloured my views on more than one institution.

UCL's prospectus came the day after I ordered it off the website though. :smile:

Similar thing happened to me! Wolverhampton sent me 4 prospectuses last year and I didnt even ask for 1!
Reply 64
timeofyourlife
medicine. want to live in cheltenham (or possibly london) when i'm older so very convenient for hospital placements :smile:

did you say you were going to exeter? one of my mates is at Duryard (sp?) and is really enjoying it - has a bit of a rep for sloaney green-welly girls in land-rovers though, similar to bristol in that respect.

i had heard that aswell. Exeter is often known as the uni for posh kids who can't get into oxbridge, and unofficial-guides.co.uk certainly shows it to have a high percentage of private school students, but as you say, this is similar to bristol. Im going self-catering so hoping that the sloanes stick to catered, though im OPEN-MINDED, i can get along with most...
Reply 65
mobbdeeprob
I'm sure at UEA you would get a more refreshed and avantgarde approach to literature than at certain other institutions - its not to be sniffed at IMO.

Would you get to spend a year in the US?

Yeah :biggrin: and there's a choice of about 30 different places! That's one of it's main appeals to me. And the course seems really modern like you said, lots of choice and no forcing you to study chaucer! You can do things like history and politics as well as literature too.

Leekey - what's wrong with York? It seemed really nice on the open day (although they did basically tell me not to apply since I'm not predicted three A's!)
Exeter and UEA are both good unis, but I have to defend Warwick. I just really like the place. Manchester and Newcastle are favourites too.

Incidentally, why do people write "s**t"? If you want to say shit, say shit. It's not that hard.
Reply 67
Airport Fairy

Incidentally, why do people write "s**t"? If you want to say shit, say shit. It's not that hard.

Lol, the mods don't like it!
leekey
UEA. I mean they are both great but UEA wins for me.
*Hides from Ollie and Katy....more so Katy because she can kick my ass*

did hide well enough....if you get into edinburg...i am so going to kick your arse next time im up there (poping up next week actually)

mobbdeeprob
In a fist fight: UEA
In a shootout at the OK Corral: Exeter (grouse shooting on Daddy's Scottish estate has its benefits :wink: ...)
In a football match: Draw
In the wet t-shirt competition: UEA
In the modernist English department category: UEA
In the aesthetic stakes: Exeter
In the sandcastle building competition: Exeter
In the 'flash motors on the carpark' duel: Exeter

i think not.....

leekey
If you want to sell Exeter then you talk about.....

-Social science courses
-New medical school
-IT based learning for all programme (not really sure how good it is though)
-LOCATION!!!!

-ME ME ME!!! its worth it just for me!!!

love Katy ***
If the mods have a problem with shit, then why not write faeces or poo? :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending