Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to try and go gluten free for the week, starting Monday, and need some advice! What are some good, wholesome meals I can eat that are easy to make? What can I eat? Does this have any benefits? What can I eat as a diet plan for a whole week?
    I've just always wanted to try this so I'm doing it for a week to see if it makes me feel better and ensure it's not dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    I want to try and go gluten free for the week, starting Monday, and need some advice! What are some good, wholesome meals I can eat that are easy to make? What can I eat? Does this have any benefits? What can I eat as a diet plan for a whole week?
    I've just always wanted to try this so I'm doing it for a week to see if it makes me feel better and ensure it's not dangerous.
    It's not dangerous, but it's kind of pointless to do unless you are celiac or have a gluten intolerance. If you have neither of those things, going gluten free isn't going to change how you feel at all.

My older sister is a celiac, so to ensure we don't accidentally contaminate her food and make her very ill (celiac is where your body attacks itself when you eat gluten, and has a range of symptoms), everybody in my family eats gluten free. We eat normally - if you wanted to, there are gluten free breads, pasta, etc, so I haven't noticed any change in how we eat from before my sister was diagnosed. Just eat as you normally would - but be careful - barely has gluten in it, as do a whole bunch of other things.

Again, I stress that there is no point to going gluten free unless you have an intolerance or are celiac, and it isn't any healthier if you don't have one.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    There;s no evidence for gluten intolerance. You're either ceiliac or just fine in that regards.

It's not dangerous, just pointless

ReputationRep:
    If you must do it then it's such a big fad just now that it should take you all of 10s on google to find loads of meal ideas

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.