Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I guess you could wear it for a laugh when going out... Not sure about going to class with one on your head.
    i was thinking or wearing it around - perhaps not in classes, but during all other times - there's something adventurous about them - i just really like them !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    i was thinking or wearing it around - perhaps not in classes, but during all other times - there's something adventurous about them - i just really like them !
    I've always wanted to dress up as a Redcoat like the Libertines. I think they look wicked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    nah, if anything people will be impressed that youre brave enough to be different?
    hmmmm maybe !!!

(Original post by Tinykates)
    lol. wear it then. but what would you wear it with? :confused: it's hardly gonna look good with a hoodie and trackie bottoms is it?

hmmm true - perhaps jeans and a t- shirt, or somehting i dunno !! i wouldn't want to get a military jacket to go with it though, i'd look like adam ant and then i'd look really *******ated !!

ReputationRep:
    hmmm true - perhaps jeans and a t- shirt, or somehting i dunno !! i wouldn't want to get a military jacket to go with it though, i'd look like adam ant and then i'd look really *******ated !!
    lol it's up to you. depends on your personality more than anything, but if you are really worried about what people think then it's probably best not to wear it as you'll only feel self conscious. I never even wear the black beret I bought because so many people stared the first time i did. But if you can carry it off, then that's great....I would think you were a bit weird though if it was the first impression of you

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm maybe !!!

adam ant was the first thing i thought wen i saw that hat!
    gota go with the make up as well then
    if ur gna do it u gota go the whole nine yards!

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm maybe !!!

lol I don't think they even know who Adam Ant is. Did he wear a tricorn hat?

You remind me of a mate of mine: he liked to consider himself an eccentric and wear weird hats, he'd sew flags of obscure countries onto his pullovers, and liked provocative t-shirts too...

ReputationRep:
    lol it's up to you. depends on your personality more than anything, but if you are really worried about what people think then it's probably best not to wear it as you'll only feel self conscious. I never even wear the black beret I bought because so many people stared the first time i did. But if you can carry it off, then that's great....I would think you were a bit weird though if it was the first impression of you
    lol i know !! i have a fedora, a russian cossack had and a big leather cowboy hat and I can't wear them coz people stare - it's so annoying, perhaps i'll not wear it as soon as i arrive at uni, I'll perhaps wear it a week or two after i've met everyone - but there is a stigma attached to hats, which is slightly annoying !

(Original post by icklehc)
    adam ant was the first thing i thought wen i saw that hat!
    gota go with the make up as well then
    if ur gna do it u gota go the whole nine yards!
    lol no way ! i'm not that mad, and i REALLY couldn't go out in public like that :eek:

lol I don't think they even know who Adam Ant is. Did he wear a tricorn hat?

You remind me of a mate of mine: he liked to consider himself an eccentric and wear weird hats, he'd sew flags of obscure countries onto his pullovers, and liked provocative t-shirts too...
    lol and do people stare at him? does he mind it?

ReputationRep:
    lol i know !! i have a fedora, a russian cossack had and a big leather cowboy hat and I can't wear them coz people stare - it's so annoying, perhaps i'll not wear it as soon as i arrive at uni, I'll perhaps wear it a week or two after i've met everyone - but there is a stigma attached to hats, which is slightly annoying !
    yeah i reckon that's a good idea. i wouldn't wear it on the first night - i definitely wouldn't approach you (oh dear - that says something about me - oh well) but yeah, definitely get one, and wear it once you've got to know people, if you want to avoid any weird first impressions

ReputationRep:
    you could wear a t shirt saying do you like my hat???

ReputationRep:
    yeah i reckon that's a good idea. i wouldn't wear it on the first night - i definitely wouldn't approach you (oh dear - that says something about me - oh well) but yeah, definitely get one, and wear it once you've got to know people, if you want to avoid any weird first impressions

lol yeh you're right cheers for the advice - i feel better about it now !

(Original post by trigger)
    you could wear a t shirt saying do you like my hat???
    lol - i could do, but wouldn't that draw even more attention to me? that's not what i want :eek: i think i should not wear it when i'm first meeting people, and perhaps wear it later

ReputationRep:
    lol and do people stare at him? does he mind it?
    That's what he's looking for.
    It's actually a technique to approach foreign students. Once, he was wearing the Estonian flag and an Estonian girl came up to him and he mentioned all the facts he knew about Estonia...she was truly impressed. Don't know where it led..he had a girlfriend anyway.

ReputationRep:
    That's what he's looking for.
    It's actually a technique to approach foreign students. Once, he was wearing the Estonian flag and an Estonian girl came up to him and he mentioned all the facts he knew about Estonia...she was truly impressed. Don't know where it led..he had a girlfriend anyway.

lol an interesting technique for sure, but i doubt i could meet any 18th century students with my hat lol

ReputationRep:
    lol an interesting technique for sure, but i doubt i could meet any 18th century students with my hat lol
    You don't want to meet 18th century students. Think of the horrible pong there'd be.

ReputationRep:
    You don't want to meet 18th century students. Think of the horrible pong there'd be.

lol true - but i wonder if they'd have anything interesting to say, they'd probably be quite laid back

ReputationRep:
    You've given me inspiration now, i was wondering what i was gonna wear next time i went clubbin!

ReputationRep:
    just wear cling film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    You've given me inspiration now, i was wondering what i was gonna wear next time i went clubbin!

lol what kind of club is it?

ReputationRep:
    lol what kind of club is it?
    A cheesy nightclub!

And look at this site, it has the most amazing tricorn and other great hats!

http://www.sutlers.co.uk/acatalog/TH..._RANGE_19.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    A cheesy nightclub!

And look at this site, it has the most amazing tricorn and other great hats!

http://www.sutlers.co.uk/acatalog/TH..._RANGE_19.html

oh my god, that is the BIGGEST one i've ever seen !! argh i want it !! i want all these hats ! the fur felt top hat is amazing !

ReputationRep:
    oh my god, that is the BIGGEST one i've ever seen !! argh i want it !! i want all these hats ! the fur felt top hat is amazing !
    That site is amazing, i want everything!!!!!! if you look at all the sections they dont just sell hats!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.