Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    sorry just realised maybe the title should have said People who are in a nursing degree what did you study at college?

Hi, I'd just like to know what subjects you studied at college to go into a nursing degree. I'm just really confused with what to pick as I'm starting college in September (I know different universities have different requirements for their degrees)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acormz)
    Hi, I'd just like to know what subjects you studied at college to go into a nursing degree. I'm just really confused with what to pick as I'm starting college in September (I know different universities have different requirements for their degrees)
    Hey, It depends what you're interested in, you can do A levels involving science courses or either you can do a BTEC course. I did BTEC level 3 Extn Dip in Health and Social care which pretty much covered majority of the topic. Personally I think it is benefitting because later on when you go uni you can decide what fields of nursing you'd want to progress onto and it's also kind of easy to get good marks if you do your coursework properly in those two years. All the best

PS. Majority of the uni accepts both BTEC and A levels so it's up to you. I did BTEC and got an offer from uni for Adult Nursing. Hope this helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingK16)
    Hey, It depends what you're interested in, you can do A levels involving science courses or either you can do a BTEC course. I did BTEC level 3 Extn Dip in Health and Social care which pretty much covered majority of the topic. Personally I think it is benefitting because later on when you go uni you can decide what fields of nursing you'd want to progress onto and it's also kind of easy to get good marks if you do your coursework properly in those two years. All the best

PS. Majority of the uni accepts both BTEC and A levels so it's up to you. I did BTEC and got an offer from uni for Adult Nursing. Hope this helped.
    Thanks for really helpful reply! This is exactly what I wanted to know

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.