The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London - Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by izzypetrie
Oh s**t no I havent had an email!
What is their cut off???
I did GAMSAT if that makes a difference?

In the email about UKCAT nothing was said about GAMSAT cut off so I don't know maybe you should ring up and ask? UKCAT cut off was 630 I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is their cut off???

Oh if you're graduate it may be different not sure, I'd contact the admissions at SGUL tomorrow! This is all they said on the email about graduates so maybe you haven't been contacted yet. I'd ring to check

Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 21.37.42.png
Original post by michaela__
In the email about UKCAT nothing was said about GAMSAT cut off so I don't know maybe you should ring up and ask? UKCAT cut off was 630 I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by FKAsamuel
Oh if you're graduate it may be different not sure, I'd contact the admissions at SGUL tomorrow! This is all they said on the email about graduates so maybe you haven't been contacted yet. I'd ring to check

Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 21.37.42.png

Oh my goodness thanks guys, phew I thought I had seriously missed the boat.
Good luck to both of you!!
Have you heard about interviews yet?
What is their cut off???

They havent released the GAMSAT cutoff yet! The GAMSAT thread will be a better ppace to hang out- loads of us applied to George's x
Original post by FKAsamuel
It's so horrible having to wait for interviews, none of my choices have replied with interview invitations yet! Well done on your clinical science offer

I knowwwww!! I really want an interview from Leicester! I got an interview from Sheffield which sounds promising but I'm scared I'll eff it up 😨
Don't worry I know sgul is taking its time but apparently if you meet the UKCAT threshold you're guaranteed an interview :smile:
I'm worried about tomorrow tho 😨
Oh my goodness thanks guys, phew I thought I had seriously missed the boat.
Good luck to both of you!!
Have you heard about interviews yet?

Not yet!! So scary waiting!!
Hi everyone!

I just received an e-mail from St. George's to schedule my interview. I chose 19th of January, although there were also interview slots available earlier in December. Seems like they sent out invitations to internationals first, so I believe you'll be hearing from the admissions office very soon. Good luck to you all!
What is their cut off???

Come over to our lovely GAMSAT thread :biggrin: no stress, no cut offs are out yet. Seems that undergraduate applications go through first.
Original post by edasansel
Hi everyone!

I just received an e-mail from St. George's to schedule my interview. I chose 19th of January, although there were also interview slots available earlier in December. Seems like they sent out invitations to internationals first, so I believe you'll be hearing from the admissions office very soon. Good luck to you all!

So are you applying to the normal 5 year course? What's your UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
As an international is it better to apply to the international programmes or are they more competitive? I have no clue because I'm just a home applicant

Posted from TSR Mobile
So are you applying to the normal 5 year course? What's your UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. I applied to the normal 5 year course although I'm an international. My UKCAT is 1910/2700.
Yes. I applied to the normal 5 year course although I'm an international. My UKCAT is 1910/2700.

How many places are there for internationals do you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
As an international is it better to apply to the international programmes or are they more competitive? I have no clue because I'm just a home applicant

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea at all. I didn't even know that there was an all international programme before I submitted my application. I just went for the regular undergrad MBBS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an interview too! Good luck to everyone who is anxiously waiting for the email!
Reply 194
Original post by Moshinato
I got an interview too! Good luck to everyone who is anxiously waiting for the email!

When did the email arrive? And what date is your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea at all. I didn't even know that there was an all international programme before I submitted my application. I just went for the regular undergrad MBBS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah there is an all international one. I can't find out how many international places run for each one though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moshinato

Are you international? What's your UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SInce St george has an international medicine course does that mean it will be more competitive there or in the normal medicine course for international students as there are fewer places for international students in the normal one?
Original post by karishma behera
SInce St george has an international medicine course does that mean it will be more competitive there or in the normal medicine course for international students as there are fewer places for international students in the normal one?

I'd say the UK one would be more competitive. As most UK students would want to stay in the country, and George's is a UK uni after all, even with an international branch.
Reply 199
Original post by karishma behera

It depends on the applicants per place, search for that info online and you'll find your answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending