The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London - Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

hey all, i did terribly in one my exams (s2) due to sickness and i think i am getting a B in maths even though i am sure i ll get an A in chemistry, biology? will i lose my AAA offer? :frown:
Original post by Andreas14
hey all, i did terribly in one my exams (s2) due to sickness and i think i am getting a B in maths even though i am sure i ll get an A in chemistry, biology? will i lose my AAA offer? :frown:

Good question. Why don't you call them and ask them? :O and tell us what they say please!!
Does anyone know whether we have to resend our work experience references
Are the references we gave at interview sufficient?
do any of you know where to send the scanned gcses copies? i sent them an email but i got no reply and the deadline is soon.
Original post by mm_7
do any of you know where to send the scanned gcses copies? i sent them an email but i got no reply and the deadline is soon.

The email you require is [email protected]
They take quite a while to respond.
Original post by sciencenerdz
The email you require is [email protected]
They take quite a while to respond.

Thank you very much for the reply! i've already sent it now, thanks.
glad i managed to meet the deadline
Hey guys, just wanted to double check that for DBS, all we need to do at this point is just fill it in right? We don't need to submit it or anything. Sorry I'm just super paranoid and I've emailed them, but all I got in response was "Your documents have been received."
I'm wondering if anyone is abe to shed some light: I have an offer for the medicine course however if I get AAA on results day I was thinking of requesting to defer. This would allow me to have a year to earn more money for uni and work in the hospital and broaden my experience. Does anyone know if it's possible to defer a medicine place at St. George's on results day? In a worst case scenario, could they take away my offer?
Original post by c10112
I'm wondering if anyone is abe to shed some light: I have an offer for the medicine course however if I get AAA on results day I was thinking of requesting to defer. This would allow me to have a year to earn more money for uni and work in the hospital and broaden my experience. Does anyone know if it's possible to defer a medicine place at St. George's on results day? In a worst case scenario, could they take away my offer?

I doubt they'd take away your offer for simply asking. Not sure how keen they are on students not deferring however... Drop Admissions an email to ask (don't bother ringing, they aren't very good at picking up!)

Original post by Maisha B
Hey guys, just wanted to double check that for DBS, all we need to do at this point is just fill it in right? We don't need to submit it or anything. Sorry I'm just super paranoid and I've emailed them, but all I got in response was "Your documents have been received."

Yeah, because your offer is technically conditional on you passing the health check, they don't want us to actually pay for the DBS check yet.
Heyyy guys, anyone know if there's a medicine offer holders Facebook chat for 2017 applicants?
Hi all. Maybe off topic slightly, but if anyone is in need of accommodation for this uni ear, there are two rooms available on Carlwell Street (5 mins away from uni) for £512 monthly + bills! Please drop me a message for more info if you're interested :smile:
If I miss the entry requirements, e.g. get AAB, should I ring admissions and ask if they would still accept me? :/
Original post by sciencenerdz
If I miss the entry requirements, e.g. get AAB, should I ring admissions and ask if they would still accept me? :/

Yes
Do you guys want to make a group on facebook for offer holders so we can all get to know each other before the term begins?
Original post by ValerieMX
Do you guys want to make a group on facebook for offer holders so we can all get to know each other before the term begins?

yah sure
keep me updated
Original post by starmuneer
yah sure
keep me updated

We should just make one in 2 days, after result day!! And just name it St George, class of 2022
Original post by ValerieMX
We should just make one in 2 days, after result day!! And just name it St George, class of 2022

ok
Guys my stats are GCSE-7A*2A2B
Alevel-2A* and A
however ukcat is only 1840 (sat in 2016) should i bother callinv SGUL for clearing on results day or not??
Original post by abzz11
Guys my stats are GCSE-7A*2A2B
Alevel-2A* and A
however ukcat is only 1840 (sat in 2016) should i bother callinv SGUL for clearing on results day or not??

The cutoff score this year was 1890. So, I would say no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending