The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatMuslimGuy

Spoiler

:wink:
Original post by Think People
Suhaib Webb is a joke , a coconut muslim.
You know what happens to scholars and people of knowledge who speak the truth ?

There are no muslim scholars in the west.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bit too harsh bro. There are a good number of Muslim scholars in the west.
Reply 2443
Reply 2444
You know what happens to scholars and people of knowledge who speak the truth ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We should not call others a "joke" or "coconut" like that, Muslims should not engage in mockery :smile:

This reminds me of the time some girl in English class used to brag about how she thought she was the best debater in the class, but when I had to debate against her, I got higher marks than her and she was so upset, and I was so happy 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2446
Original post by HAnwar
This reminds me of the time some girl in English class used to brag about how she thought she was the best debater in the class, but when I had to debate against her, I got higher marks than her and she was so upset, and I was so happy 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol as long as you didn't make her feel bad on purpose, it is fine if you was happy I guess :tongue:

Do you believe him to be a munafiq/(covert) apostate? :holmes:

Can you name some Muslim scholars you trust that live elsewhere?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
Lol as long as you didn't make her feel bad on purpose, it is fine if you was happy I guess :tongue:

Nah served her right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/09/bodies-litter-floor-makeshift-hospital-aleppo-160926075042837.html

May Allah help the Muslims of Aleppo against the Regime and the Russians. Keep them in your duas.
Reply 2450
Original post by HAnwar
Nah served her right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:K: no comment, :erm: I am out.
Original post by IdeasForLife
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/09/bodies-litter-floor-makeshift-hospital-aleppo-160926075042837.html

May Allah help the Muslims of Aleppo against the Regime and the Russians. Keep them in your duas.

Ameen
Original post by h333
:K: no comment, :erm: I am out.

It's a lesson for us all - to not mess with HAnwar in real life.
From 'Abdullāh b. 'Amr Raḍi-Allāhu 'Anhu who narrated:

The Prophet Ṣallallāhu-'Alaihi Wa Sallam was asked: O Messenger of Allāh who are the best of people?, he answered: “Everyone who has a Makhmoom heart and a truthful tongue”,

They asked: We know what a truthful tongue is but what is a Makhmoom heart?, he Ṣallallāhu-'Alaihi Wa Sallam said: “It is a pious, pure (heart) which has no sin in it, neither it's oppressive nor it contains grudge and jealousy.”

[صححه الألباني في صحيح ابن ماجه ٢٨٨٩]
(Authenticated by al-Albani in Saheeh Ibn Majah)

Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2455

Oh you don't know how many times I have :u:
Only I know why she is behaving like this now :colone: so I am letting her go...
Original post by h333
Oh you don't know how many times I have :u:
Only I know why she is behaving like this now :colone: so I am letting her go...

I too have fought against her on TSR and won(subject to difference of opinion).
"If you make intense supplication and the timing of the answer is delayed, do not despair of it. His reply to you is guaranteed; but in the way He chooses, not the way you choose, and at the moment He desires, not the moment you desire.”

[Ibn `Ata’illah رحمه الله , Kitab al-Hikam]
Needa work on this.

Shaykh ’Uthaymeen رحمه الله said:

“When they see a person sinning, many brothers hate the sin and this is something correct, but they [also] hate the sinner, and then they deal with him harshly as someone who hates him would, like someone who wants to take revenge on him, and this is a huge mistake.

You must cure the sinner as a gentle doctor who treats a wound in order for it to heal does, he doesn’t treat the wound in order for it to get worse, so he treats this person with gentleness and a desire for good for him and out of mercy for him this is how the scholars who nurture are, they look at the creation with a view to reform, not to seek revenge and out of hatred—

I hate the sin which this person does, but this person is a believer so he is my brother, even if he fornicated and stole, he is still my brother, the believers are but brothers.”

[Majmoo’ Fataawaa wa Rasaa’il Fadilatish-Shaikh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-’Uthaimeen, vol. 27, pp. 311-312]

Sufyaan Ath-Thawree رحمه الله said:

“Three qualities are from patience: (a) not speaking about your misfortune, (b) (not speaking about) your pain, and (c) not praising yourself.”

[Al-Hilyah, 6/389]

Latest