The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fatima1998
everyone says that i'll be fine but i won't be because i am terrified :emo: thanks guys :yy:

like a job?

Dw you will be :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ak143244
Yeah, I'm good alhamdullilah. I'm so glad it's the weekend .. so tired.

Haha ohh dw , go sleep early:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeahh I've heard of that term at college. It's that word that's always in your head but you don't know what it means.

Btw, I finally prayed my Fajr ON TIME today YAYYY

yep :yy:
well donee :cute: keeep that going :ahee:
Original post by Ayaz789
Dw you will be :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i hope so :emo:
Original post by Ayaz789
Haha ohh dw , go sleep early:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah going to go sleep soon :smile:
Original post by mariachi
you' re probably trying to rep the "wrong" people ...

the system doesn't let you rep people who don't really deserve it

No wonder the system crashed when I accidentally clicked the rep button on your post.
Original post by mariachi
there are people who claim that TSR rep is a matter of life and death : but they are tragically misguided

it's much more serious than that

This is your fourth post on reps.
So much for the mariachi rule.

well i rep about 30+ people a day so that might give you an idea :grin:

you are wrong mate :unimpressed:

life struggles as usual
everyone is tired on friday i think because its the end of the weekday and school is just arghhhh

Woah. I guess it's cos I don't post that much outside ISOC lol

Btw how do you see the rep points for each gem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm :smile:

Insha'Allah:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, going sleep now.
Nice talking to you once again.
Have a great day, Kudafiz :smile:
@h333 @fatima1998 @Ayaz123 @IdeasForLife @HAnwar @mariam687
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar

Woah. I guess it's cos I don't post that much outside ISOC lol

Btw how do you see the rep points for each gem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i don't either anymore! enough with the bullies so decided to not post as much on chat forum :yy:
scroll down where you see "What are reputation levels?" http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=rep

Guys, going sleep now.
@h333 @fatima1998 @Ayaz123 @IdeasForLife @HAnwar

Allah hafiz :yy:
Guys, going sleep now.

Same here. You too :yy:
Khuda hafiz :smile:

i don't either anymore! enough with the bullies so decided to not post as much on chat forum :yy:
scroll down where you see "What are reputation levels?" http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=rep

Allah hafiz :yy:

That's good :smile:
Thanks! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3830
Guys, going sleep now.

@Ayaz789 he meant you bless.
Well now I am back, kind of lol.
Jzk, same here.
Khuda/Allah hafiz.
Original post by h333
@Ayaz789 he meant you bless.
Well now I am back, kind of lol.
Jzk, same here.
Khuda/Allah hafiz.

Hahaha yeahh dw :biggrin: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3832
Original post by Ayaz789
Hahaha yeahh dw :biggrin: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good lol. Hope you are good bro.
Original post by h333
Good lol. Hope you are good bro.

Alhamdulillah wbu?
Screenshot_20161014-231522.jpg
Original post by IdeasForLife
This explains why I couldn't find it. Wasn't actually a hadith.

Jzk.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yo man logged in to find my ps and couldn't find it, this is evidence.
Original post by HAnwar
No wonder the system crashed when I accidentally clicked the rep button on your post.

This is your fourth post on reps.
So much for the mariachi rule

true, true : reps for you (for accurately counting my posts)

I think this is a clear case of "tu patere legem quam ipse fecisti" (you will suffer the consequences of rules of your own making)

However, as stated by the ILO Administrative Tribunal in two 2009 findings

the Tribunal decided in favour of our colleague, basing itself on the Latin maxim tu patere legem quam ipse fecisti, according to which any authority is bound by its own rules, as long as such rules have not been amended or abrogated
https://cds.cern.ch/journal/CERNBulletin/2010/08/Staff%20Association/1243072?ln=en

so, I decided to suspend the mariachi rule for the week-end (until Monday, 8.30 a.m. GMT)

best.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Inzamam99
A friend sent me this. An interesting perspective:

It was #Ashura this week, and as a kid from a Shia family, I always wondered: if I was Imam Husayn, and God told me that sacrificing my entire family would get all of us an eternity of paradise with eternal bliss, reward, ecstasy, reunion and love with my family, friends, and everything I cared about (as an infallible member of the Ahlul Bayt)––would I do it?
Of course I would!

Imam Husayn and his family were only alive for a few decades here on Earth––but they were guaranteed Paradise and have been there now for over 13 centuries.

Is this is a sad thing worth mourning and crying and bleeding for?

Consider this: According to historical Shia myth, Imam Husayn was infallible, which means he was free of sin and guaranteed Heaven. Most of us, on the other hand, can, will, and DO sin. This means we have a lower chance of getting into Paradise than he did.
So, logically speaking, HE should be crying for US.

Same thing goes for Jesus Christ: If I was told that I'd be tortured and killed on a cross, but with the 100% promise of rising from the dead in three days, and living in Heaven forever and ever and ever for eternity––I would be INSANE not to agree to it.

What people like Imam Husayn and Jesus did wasn't a sacrifice at all. It was a winning lottery ticket.

Having one earthly day of pain in exchange for an eternity of pleasure and bliss isn't a sacrifice. All of us sacrifice much, much more on a daily basis, and for no eternal reward. And these everyday sacrifices are the ones we should honor. Millions today stand up to injustice without any guarantee of reward, and that makes them bigger heroes than Husayn or Jesus.

An interesting but ultimately over simplistic and flawed set of analogies here. I wanted to address and respond to it, and formulated a response , but had a lecture and had to stop half way - but i'll address it now, even though it was posted a few days ago.

When i was young, naive, unaware of many of the essential and fundamental elements surrounding the tragedy of Kerbala, i too thought to myself 'well, he is going to Jannah, so why even cry?'. I actually didn't like going to mosque for this, and never really cried or felt sad at all. Now, tears pour without effort - and i never thought that would ever happen. So what changed?

1. The notion that simply because an individual is granted Jannah, an absolutely brutal massacare upon them should not illicit feelings of grief and sorrow for those who intensely love said individual is erroneous.

Yakub pbuh knew his son Yusuf pbuh was righteous. Yet, he cried until he went blind when his son went missing. When Muhammed s.a.w passed away, so many of the companions were overwhelmed with grief. It is the belief according to some [not me] that Hazrat Bilal never recited another adhan again in Medina, because it is said [to them] he could not even bear living there without Muhammed s.a.w. Yet, it was well known he was obviously in Jannah,

If my mother and father were granted automatic Jannah, but i found that they were brutally tortured, my six month old brother was shot with an arrow , members of my family and their companions were brutally massacred, and the female survivors having their veils ripped, chained and dragged to the one who ordered it, even the idea that they were now in heaven would not hold me back from the intense grief i would feel. Even decades after, such an event to people so beloved to me would surely scar me. I love Muhammed s.a.w more than my own mother and father. There is absolutely no competition. And they love the prophet s.a.w more than they love me. I love Hussain ibn Ali a.s more than i love my own mother and father. If i had heard that my beloved Prophet s.a.w was beaten, or lost a tooth and was hurt, it hurts my heart more than it would hurt to hear of anyone else going through the same pain.

And to us, Hussain ibn Ali a.s was more than a naive man who erroneously made a wrong choice against the advice of wiser 'men'. He was , as we all agree, the apple of the eye of Muhammed s.a.w. He was one of the two [along with Hasan ibn Ali a.s] 'sons' of rasulullah s.a.w chosen to represent the muslims against the christians of Najran. Indeed, he is one of the leaders of the youths of jannah [because no-one enters there old, we are all there as youths]. To me, he is one of the members of the Ahlulbayt asws, by the mercy and will of Allah azwj, chosen to preserve the Sunnah of Muhammed s.a.w. To me, after the death of his brother Hasan a.s, he was the rightful leader of all the muslims, and the greatest man alive.

However, it is more than merely his status, and the brutal way in which he was massacred along with many of his family and companions of Muhammed s.a.w Reflect on what he died for. His stand enabled Islam to survive, and Allah azwj, through him, enabled Islam to live on. Therefore, it is not simply mourning for someone being hurt, but rather, it is about the magnitude of the sacrifice and what it achieved.

Additionally, it is mourning the dire state of the Ummah after the death of Muhammed s.a.w. It is grief that the Ummah reached such a state of chaos and injustice, that the grandson of Muhammed s.a.w could be so mercilessly slaughtered, and the drunkard son of Muawiyah, Yazid, could sit on the very same seat as Muhammed s.a.w

Furthermore, it is accepted that the death of Hussain ibn Ali a.s was foretold by Angel Jibrael a.s himself. We normally mourn the death of someone after they die. Yet, Rasullulah cried , was given and shown the soil of Kerbala, and was heart broken decades before the death of Hussain a.s. Here: http://muslimmatters.org/2013/11/13/prophet-know-grandson-al-hussain-going-martyred/

When i remember Hussain a.s, i remember the stand of the rightful leader of all of the muslims, standing up against a drunkard and a tyrant who threatened to destroy Islam. I remember the stand which enabled the preservation of Tawheed, and the Sunnah of Muhammed s.a.w. I reflect on the oppression upon the Ahlulbayt of Muhammed s.a.w, and the tragedy of their oppression which has caused devastation to the ummah. I reflect on a man whose death was foretold and broke the heart of Muhammed s.a.w. A man who i love more than my own mother and father. He gave the ultimate sacrifice, so that i could practise islam today.

When i was young, and naive, i never truly grasped this. But with time, reflection, research, and maturity, every year the tragedy of Kerbala breaks my heart more and more.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Inzamam99

Imagine Rasullulah s.a.w was knocking on your house door, waiting to specially see you and talk to you. This is the greatest creation, having a direct link to Allah azwj, a man who you and i aspire to love more than our own selves, our own mothers, and our own fathers. Merely the thought of Muhammed s.a.w being outside that door would reduce many here to tears. Many of us yearn for him to even give us one glance, and to smile at us, even once. Deep and utterly in love with him we are.

Picture someone punching the beloved prophet, on his blessed face, and causing him pain.

I can't bear that. Many of us would cry for our faces to be punched instead.

The thought of Rasulullah s.a.w crying in grief at the state of his ummah breaks my heart. Imagining when Jibrael foretold the death of Hussain a.s, and hearing about how his tears flowed is enough to send my own tears flowing.

When i was younger, i questioned it, and found i had to force myself to barely shed one tear. Now, it just comes naturally, because i understand now.

But i must say, each to their own. This is the beauty of living as human beings, we can agree to disagree and each have our own points of view. I felt compelled to reply because of the sheer volume of unprovoked attempts against me/this issue.
(edited 7 years ago)