The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Via Yasir Qadhi https://www.facebook.com/yasir.qadhi/?fref=ts

The Prophet (salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "There shall be righteous people in every generation who will carry this [Sacred] knowledge. They shall protect [the religion] from the distortions of those who seek to go beyond the bounds, and the false claims of those who seek to destroy, and the interpretations of those who are ignorant" [Reported by al-Bayhaqi and others].

From this hadith, we learn:

1) There shall always be a group of scholars who collectively carry the responsibility of the prophets, and who shall faithfully protect the religion and keep it steered to the Straight Path, with correct knowledge and integrity.

2) There shall be a group of Muslims who wish to distort the religious texts, and claim that they say things that the texts do not actually say. Some might even be sincere, for ultra-literalist fanatics at times cause more damage than rationalistic modernists, but both of them are going beyond the bounds of the Shariah.

3) There shall be a group of Muslims whose intentions are evil, and who effectively wish to discredit the very role of the Quran and the traditions of Islam.

4) There shall be a group of Muslims who are simply uneducated and ignorant, and who shall misinterpret the text, not necessarily out of evil intentions, but because they are not qualified to interpret properly.
Poetry attributed to Imam Ali ra:
إن ألمت ملمة بي فإني ... في الملمات صخرة صماء
حائز في البلاد علماً بأن ليس ... يدوم النعيم والبلواء
If a calamity was to befall me, then let it be known that in the face calamity I'm an unyielding rock
And I know that happiness nor sadness ever last
The Prophet said: “Glad tidings to the one who saw me and believed in me, and seven multiples of glad tidings to the one who did not see me and yet believed in me.” (Ahmad; Al-Albaani ruled it as authentic)
Original post by Tawheed
JazakAllah khayr for this, truly appreciate it., and inshAllah !

I'm flying to Malaysia inshAllah, and i hate transiting so this will be a direct flight there. I'm thinking of getting an aisle seat.

JazakAllah khayr for all of this advice sister! Thank you so so much! I guess at the end of the day, it is important to just have tawakkul and know that when your day is written, you could be up 40,000 feet or in a park and still die.

BarakAllahu feek.
Yeah definitely, but if you look at facts and statistics, the chance of anything going wrong is very low, so bare that in mind.
Just have fun and enjoy it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
BarakAllahu feek.
Yeah definitely, but if you look at facts and statistics, the chance of anything going wrong is very low, so bare that in mind.
Just have fun and enjoy it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

JazakAllah khayr again!

On a side note, who is enjoying the weather ? It feels like a desert! There's even a heatwave in Scotland of all places.
قال لي الشافعي : يا أبا موسى رضا الناس غايةٌ لا تدرك, ما أقوله لك إلا نصحاً, ليس إلى السلامة من الناس سبيل, فانظر ما فيه صلاح نفسك فالزمه, ودع الناس وما هم فيه
A scholar said: Oh abu musaa satisfying people is an unreachable goal. And there is no escape from the tongues of people. So my advice to you is to seek what is beneficial for you.
Original post by Al-farhan
Yea subhanAllah.
It shows how truly insignificant we are in reality despite our inflated egos.

true
Original post by Tawheed
JazakAllah khayr again!

On a side note, who is enjoying the weather ? It feels like a desert! There's even a heatwave in Scotland of all places.

No worries :smile:

It's soo nice. I'd advise everyone to go out and enjoy it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
US-led air strikes kill 56 civilians in Syrian town
Fatalities include 11 children, killed in coalition air strikes on ISIL-held northern Syrian town.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/07/led-air-strikes-kill-21-civilians-syria-160719045329897.html

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un
Why is 'bullying' and acting really egotistical and full of it acceptable to people when arguing and giving dawah.
I hate the double standards, it has also become the uniform behaviour of muslims nowadays, especially the younger ones. And you can't correct them from their rude behaviour or you're seen as judgemental. So many think they're above criticism.
I feel rubbish.
:frown:
Original post by CorpusLuteum
I feel rubbish.

I'm sorry to hear that. What's wrong? :redface:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tawheed

Enjoying!? I'm exhausted.
Had to get 2 packets of ice cubes.
I feel rubbish.

Why do you feel rubbish?
Original post by Tawheed
Anyone else have an extreme phobia of flying ? I have to travel next month inshAllah, and am pretty scared. I hate take-off etc. My flight is 13 hours as well, inshAllah.
are you going to Iran?
I feel rubbish.

What's up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Al-farhan
I actually enjoy flying and stick my face into the windows even at takeoff and landing, you get to see amazing sights.Its sad they don't have bigger windows.
I believe bigger windows would increases the risk to the aircraft at higher altitudes due to the pressure differential between the cabin and the outside atmosphere being huge
Original post by BasharAssad
are you going to Iran?

iran is not 13 hrs flight time
Reply 398
Original post by IdeasForLife
US-led air strikes kill 56 civilians in Syrian town
Fatalities include 11 children, killed in coalition air strikes on ISIL-held northern Syrian town.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/07/led-air-strikes-kill-21-civilians-syria-160719045329897.html

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. :frown:

Original post by MJlover
Why is 'bullying' and acting really egotistical and full of it acceptable to people when arguing and giving dawah.
I hate the double standards, it has also become the uniform behaviour of muslims nowadays, especially the younger ones. And you can't correct them from their rude behaviour or you're seen as judgemental. So many think they're above criticism.

I understand. I really fear being an egoistic, especially while giving dawah. Insha'Allah I hope I maintain my good behaviour, manners, character and patience at all times. I feel that dawah and your argument has already lost its value the moment you start losing your patience. Ego can begin to dictate our actions and words.

I came across this and agree:
May Allah(SWT) help us to be humble always and never let pride and ego manifest our actions. Ameen.

Original post by Zamestaneh
The recitation makes us not just hear it, but feel it also, SubhanAllah :redface:

SubhanAllah.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 399
I feel rubbish.

:redface: what's wrong and why do you feel this way?
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending