The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is not the world cursed and everything in it? It is so except for the remembrance of Allah and what facilitates it, the scholar and the seeker of knowledge.
Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 2322, Grade: Hasan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leukocyte
Please don't quote that Disgusting Chocolate :smile:

Why are you guys hating on me so much? At least i come with some charisma, are you people seriously not interested or are you joking?
Reply 5302
Original post by Squish•
Normal is relative, that's not normal to me. Different opinions and that...

What are you talking about it isn't. I just imagined it and cringed how are you gonna tell me that imagining it isn't cringe when i just did it :curious:

But what is your normal? Like for me, proposal is given and then both parties give their consent.
Reply 5303
Original post by Squish•
Normal is relative, that's not normal to me. Different opinions and that...

What are you talking about it isn't. I just imagined it and cringed how are you gonna tell me that imagining it isn't cringe when i just did it :curious:

Think what you like. There's nothing wrong with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5305
Loool @Leukocyte

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Think what you like. There's nothing wrong with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok don't know why you are getting offended over me cringing at something tho. I didn't even say it was wrong BRO

Original post by h333
But what is your normal? Like for me, proposal is given and then both parties give their consent.

When you meet them yourself and not through the parents.
Reply 5308
Original post by Leukocyte
Please don't quote that Disgusting Chocolate :smile:

:flutter: got you habibi.
Original post by Mmmm Chocolate
Love, I can teach you all you want you want to know about marriage. Deadline to hand in your CVs in to me is coming up so you better hurry.Don't feel shy to drop me a pm telling me some extra things about yourself either. The lower the dowry the higher the chance to get shortlisted.
piss off you ******
Original post by Squish•
Ok don't know why you are getting offended over me cringing at something tho. I didn't even say it was wrong BRO

I'm not getting offended :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5311
Original post by IdeasForLife

Original post by HAnwar
Is not the world cursed and everything in it? It is so except for the remembrance of Allah and what facilitates it, the scholar and the seeker of knowledge.
Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 2322, Grade: Hasan

Posted from TSR Mobile

JZK :h:
Reply 5312
Original post by Squish•

:erm: do you mean like meeting without mahram? I am confused sorry.
Original post by h333

Wa iyyaki x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
:erm: do you mean like meeting without mahram? I am confused sorry.

Lol no. What do u mean, is the only way you know how to get married if you receive a proposal from their parents to your parents first?? I mean the other way to that, I can find the person I don't need the parents to find them or their parents to find me if you know what I mean. Then you can meet up or etc. Not just a proposal from parents. If I like them then it'll progress from there
Reply 5315
Original post by Squish•
Lol no. What do u mean, is the only way you know how to get married if you receive a proposal from their parents to your parents first?? I mean the other way to that, I can find the person I don't need the parents to find them or their parents to find me if you know what I mean. Then you can meet up or etc. Not just a proposal from parents. If I like them then it'll progress from there

No parents do that after the guy usually in my culture accept to see himself progress with the girl. And so then both family are involved and then obvs the girl gets asked too. But it is arranged still.

Idk in my culture the girl does not usually go find the person...they get proposals from guys. Hence I won't be able to do what you can do lol. Alhamdulillah i dont tbh soo hard.
Not trying to be mean btw
Original post by h333
No parents do that after the guy usually in my culture accept to see himself progress with the girl. And so then both family are involved and then obvs the girl gets asked too. But it is arranged still.

Idk in my culture the girl does not usually go find the person...they get proposals from guys. Hence I won't be able to do what you can do lol. Alhamdulillah i dont tbh soo hard.

I can't understand the first paragraph. Lol actually I don't understand most of this message what does "I don't tbh soo hard" mean ha.
So even if you see some guy that you like or you know them from university and you like them then you still have to marry only the ones that your parents have?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5318
Original post by Squish•
I can't understand the first paragraph. Lol actually I don't understand most of this message what does "I don't tbh soo hard" mean ha.
So even if you see some guy that you like or you know them from university and you like them then you still have to marry only the ones that your parents have?

I am saying that arranged marriages does not mean that the parents choose all the time...it could be the guy who considers a girl and then gets the family involved. And then the girl also gives her approval obvs. Then it can progress.

Lol as in I am glad I don't have to find someone myself like you would as a guy.
Original post by h333

BarakAllahu Feeki.

Latest

Trending

Trending