The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Al-farhan
Salaam.
No I haven't seen it.
But if it is still up I will watch it.

wa-alaykum assalam btw it's two hours lmao
[video="youtube;mgSJ6Rd9tjo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgSJ6Rd9tjo[/video]
I was using some crappy online converter/downloader and it just downloaded a video that doesn't play.
For a supposed tech savvy person I failed.
But what I saw was enough, ps could be upped again by someone.

Ima go eat some food man. I will check after that if someone else has upped it again or not.
I'll quote you if I find it again online somewhere.
Original post by TheProphetsPath
did you watch adnans response to one of his videos?
also i think Sirat education might be making a video on him, i really like that sirat education guy he seems like a really nice person

Yeah he is a nice guy, you should see how tall he is in real life. Dawahman looks like a little kid when he's stood next to him.
Original post by Boondock Saint
Yeah he is a nice guy, you should see how tall he is in real life. Dawahman looks like a little kid when he's stood next to him.

Haha yeah he looks really tall xD i love the way he speaks especially when he speaks arabic. He seems like he has a really nice character and he's really smart masha'allah. Have you seen him in real life??
Haha yeah he looks really tall xD i love the way he speaks especially when he speaks arabic. He seems like he has a really nice character and he's really smart masha'allah. Have you seen him in real life??

Yeah, he's in Hyde Park every Sunday. I can't wait for the Arbaeen procession on the 20th November, Shias from all over the country will be in the area, which means some very interesting discussions are bound to happen.
SubhanAllah, I saw this in my recommended feed on youtube.
I will be watching it with an open mind to see what is said, if anyone else has an hour to spare should also watch.
Ps you don't owe me a birthday present anymore.
[video="youtube;A5TU4zUhpyM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5TU4zUhpyM[/video]

People can watch that now deleted video^ at this link https://vimeo.com/190805488
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah, he's in Hyde Park every Sunday. I can't wait for the Arbaeen procession on the 20th November, Shias from all over the country will be in the area, which means some very interesting discussions are bound to happen.

do you go speakers corner too???
Salaam.
No I haven't seen it.
But if it is still up I will watch it.

I managed to watch all of the video you posted, but I don't think I'll be watching Adnan's two hour response. If you (or someone else) does, it might be worth summarising the key points that he makes.

Masha'Allah doesn't apparently work for the evil eye btw :0
do you go speakers corner too???

I go every now and then, but honestly, most people there are genuinely crazy or have no idea what they're talking about. I went there with a friend of mine not too long ago. He got into a debate with this Shia guy who said that Ibn Taymiyyah made takfir on the sahabah, when asked which sahabah, his response was Ahmad ibn Hanbal. Probably the funniest thing I've ever heard, seeing as Ahmad ibn Hanbal wasn't a companion and Ibn Taymiyyah followed his madhab.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Masha'Allah doesn't apparently work for the evil eye btw :0

yeah you supposed to pray for blessing for them but mash'allah is good to say anyway
I go every now and then, but honestly, most people there are genuinely crazy or have no idea what they're talking about. I went there with a friend of mine not too long ago. He got into a debate with this Shia guy who said that Ibn Taymiyyah made takfir on the sahabah, when asked which sahabah, his response was Ahmad ibn Hanbal. Probably the funniest thing I've ever heard, seeing as Ahmad ibn Hanbal wasn't a companion and Ibn Taymiyyah followed his madhab.

Ahh that's cool, yeah it's a shame many go to dispute and argue rather than to seek knowledge because most cases even if you win the debate or answer their question their vie points don't change. I've watched countless speakers corner videos though and you do get some really good discussions. Like Sirat Education's discussion with that young athiest guy. It's called muslim has a discussion with intelligent athiest or something like that, that convo seemed quite nice, both sides had really good manners and were nice pple.
Ahh that's cool, yeah it's a shame many go to dispute and argue rather than to seek knowledge because most cases even if you win the debate or answer their question their vie points don't change. I've watched countless speakers corner videos though and you do get some really good discussions. Like Sirat Education's discussion with that young athiest guy. It's called muslim has a discussion with intelligent athiest or something like that, that convo seemed quite nice, both sides had really good manners and were nice pple.

I've seen that video, you do get the odd person there that's good to talk to, but most people there really aren't like that.
I've seen that video, you do get the odd person there that's good to talk to, but most people there really aren't like that.

lol ignore that emoji if u saw it
yeah i get what u mean, it's a shame but at least u do get some good pple.
(edited 7 years ago)
wa-alaykum assalam btw it's two hours lmao
[video="youtube;mgSJ6Rd9tjo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgSJ6Rd9tjo[/video]

What a joke this Shia is, although i disagree with Adnan Rashid's stance on Hezbollah and whether they're terrorists.
From Yasir Qadhi's FB, he said the following in a post about the US election but the reminder is good for us all.
Full post - https://www.facebook.com/yasir.qadhi/posts/10154322282988300

Muslims! Remember these Quranic advice:

1) Everything happens by the decree of Allah.
During the Battle of Tabuk:
"Say: Nothing shall befall us except what Allah has willed for us. He alone is our Protector, so in Allah let the believers place their trust." [Tawbah: 51]

2) Victories and defeats are in cycles - you can't have one without the other, and typically after one you get the other.
During the Battle of Uhud:
"And these are the cycles that we distribute it between the people" [Ale-Imran: 140]

3) An evil might bring about much good.
The Incident of Hudaybiyya teaches us that Allah uses what appears to be a calamity in mysterious ways.
"And it is possible that you dislike a matter, but Allah places much good in it" [Nisa: 19]

4) Never lose hope, and always be optimistic.
"And do not become weak, nor grieve, for surely you shall be victorious if you believe" [Ale-Imran: 139]

Imaam al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The kind of joking which is forbidden is that which is excessive and persistent, for it leads to too much laughter and hardening of the heart, it distracts from remembrance of Allaah, and it often leads to hurt feelings, generates hatred and causes people to lose respect and dignity. But whoever is safe from such dangers, then that which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to do is permissible for him.
I can now use this gif

Original post by IdeasForLife
I can now use this gif

It was a lose-lose situation; didn't expect Trump to win so hard though.

Latest

Trending

Trending