The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The virtues of fasting are great indeed, and one of the things reported in the authentic hadiths is that Allah has chosen fasting for Himself, and He will reward it and multiply the reward without measure, as He says [in the hadith qudsi]

“Except for fasting which is only for My sake, and I will reward him for it.”

(Al-Bukhari).

~

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Deeds are shown (to Allaah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am fasting.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leukocyte
I'm sure most of you have read the OP. There has been too much chit-chat lately and it's not related to this thread. If you want to continue then do it elsewhere, not in ISOC. We do not need excessive chatting especially with opposite genders. Allahu alam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is a public forum, you can't enforce sharon law on here.

C rap, i do things for my own sake only
I'm sure most of you have read the OP. There has been too much chit-chat lately and it's not related to this thread. If you want to continue then do it elsewhere, not in ISOC. We do not need excessive chatting especially with opposite genders. Allahu alam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Allahi barik feeki for the reminder❤ thank you xx
Sαℓαf Athαr:
The Salaf as-Salih Did Not Celebrate The Mawlid Of The Prophet

Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymeeyah [رحمه الله] said regarding the Mawlid of the Prophet [ﷺ]:

❝The Salaf as-Salih did not do this even though they could have done it and there was no prevention in doing so.*If the Mawlid was good or seen as beneficial the Salaf [رضي الله عنهم] would have had more of a right to it than us because they were the greatest in love for the Messenger of Allaah [ﷺ] and in respect for him, compared to us, and were more concerned for goodness.

Indeed loving him completely and respecting him is by following him [ﷺ], obeying him and following his commands, reviving his Sunnah outwardly and inwardly and conveying what he was sent with, striving upon that with the heart, hand and tongue, as this was the way of the foremost to embrace Islaam from the Muhajireen, the Ansar and those who followed them in goodness.❞

[Iqtida’ as-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, (2/619) | Translated By Abbas Abu Yahya Miraath al-Anbiyya]

Posted from TSR Mobile

True. Sorry
Jazakallah for the reminder
If I've missed anything in the deleting please let me know.
(edited 7 years ago)
Posting again!! :love: :love: :cry2: especially between 4-7 minutes 😪😢
[video="youtube;ijmeWo63c4A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijmeWo63c4A[/video]
[video="youtube;hR1LNvOZEmQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR1LNvOZEmQ&list=PLuTZssW-V2C_nqky--xxv8_iw8OjBF_Qf&index=54[/video]
[video="youtube;B-waO9ICbk0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-waO9ICbk0&list=PLuTZssW-V2C_nqky--xxv8_iw8OjBF_Qf&index=61[/video]
[video="youtube;xcQOsFjsmjw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcQOsFjsmjw&index=65&list=PLuTZssW-V2C_nqky--xxv8_iw8OjBF_Qf[/video]
Reply 8514
[video="youtube;XPisDM76JxU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPisDM76JxU[/video]
ik they're my competition right (:ahee:) but merciful servant is sooooo good :love:
really interesting one
[video="youtube;R071YdRgLQQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R071YdRgLQQ[/video]
Original post by beautifulxxx
Sαℓαf Athαr:
The Salaf as-Salih Did Not Celebrate The Mawlid Of The Prophet

Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymeeyah [رحمه الله] said regarding the Mawlid of the Prophet [ﷺ]:

❝The Salaf as-Salih did not do this even though they could have done it and there was no prevention in doing so.*If the Mawlid was good or seen as beneficial the Salaf [رضي الله عنهم] would have had more of a right to it than us because they were the greatest in love for the Messenger of Allaah [ﷺ] and in respect for him, compared to us, and were more concerned for goodness.

Indeed loving him completely and respecting him is by following him [ﷺ], obeying him and following his commands, reviving his Sunnah outwardly and inwardly and conveying what he was sent with, striving upon that with the heart, hand and tongue, as this was the way of the foremost to embrace Islaam from the Muhajireen, the Ansar and those who followed them in goodness.❞

[Iqtida’ as-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, (2/619) | Translated By Abbas Abu Yahya Miraath al-Anbiyya]

Historically, the Maulid has been celebrated with great fan fair throught the muslim world.
The maulid is an immense time of feeding people, feeding the poor, a time of charity, reading the Seerah and reading the Shama'il, reciting Qasaid and writing poems; it was an important time because people just felt the blessing of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) particularly in this month of Rabi al Awwal. But the maulid is still celebrated through out the year.
The maulid is about appreciating and celebrating the Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upin him) birth and his life on this Earth.
It is a fardh to be happy that the Prophet Muahmmad (peace be upon him) was born.
Mualid isnt about celebrating the Prophet's (saw) birth on one specific day, like on 12 rabi al awwal; that is a khilafah issue. However the dominant opinion is that it is permissible to celebrate the maulid.
Reply 8517
[video="youtube;KoShExgPVdw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoShExgPVdw[/video]
Original post by mustvfx
Historically, the Maulid has been celebrated with great fan fair throught the muslim world.
The maulid is an immense time of feeding people, feeding the poor, a time of charity, reading the Seerah and reading the Shama'il, reciting Qasaid and writing poems; it was an important time because people just felt the blessing of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) particularly in this month of Rabi al Awwal. But the maulid is still celebrated through out the year.
The maulid is about appreciating and celebrating the Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upin him) birth and his life on this Earth.
It is a fardh to be happy that the Prophet Muahmmad (peace be upon him) was born.
Mualid isnt about celebrating the Prophet's (saw) birth on one specific day, like on 12 rabi al awwal; that is a khilafah issue. However the dominant opinion is that it is permissible to celebrate the maulid.

Salam alaikum WaRahmatullah.

Debates frequently take place when the issue of the mawlid is raised every year, I have spoken out against this in the past and I do not wish to engage in a debate presently, I did not post this to ignite anything negative, and I understand that people will hold different beliefs.

There is no basis or evidence for this celebration hence I do not celebrate it, in my opinion, the fact that it was not celebrated by rasul sallallahu alayhi wasalam, or his companions or legislated in the Quran, suffices as proof that it is wrong. I perceive it as an insult, it is as though we are saying that the religion of Allah is incomplete and we must add things to it.
This is a the favoured opinion based on the individuals whom you take your knowledge from, scholars of Islam oppose it strongly.

That is all I have to say, jazakAllahu khayr.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending