The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;L-3NQ_iA9-A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-3NQ_iA9-A[/video]
Original post by junaed98
Salaam, I've been accepted to study Optometry at Anglia Ruskin this September, I wanted to know if there are any house shares available with brothers in the isoc from around the uni?

Any assurance would be greatly appreciated, as I'm heading down this week (from the Midlands) and ideally want to secure something while I'm there.

Jzk Khair for reading.

Wa'alaykumasalaam bro, congratulations on your offer!

I don't know any bros who go to that university from this thread. It may be best to email the Isoc at Anglia Ruskin and ask them about it.
(edited 7 years ago)
The Malikis are the best in the placement of the hands in Salaat, hands down:colone::colone:
Original post by DeuteriumPie
The Malikis are the best in the placement of the hands in Salaat, hands down:colone::colone:

Took me a little too long to get that. :biggrin:
Original post by champ_mc99
Took me a little too long to get that. :biggrin:

Yuh, I tried throwing you a little with the wording:tongue:. But iz a good one:colondollar:
Original post by HAnwar
You can't ban a religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
of course you can

what you mean, most likely, is that you cannot stop people from believing in it

best
Rasulullah (saw) taught 'Abdullah ibn 'Umar: "When you wake up, do not talk to yourself about the evening, and if you enter into the evening, do not talk to yourself about the morning; take from your life for your death and from your health for your sickness, as you never know, 'Abdullah, what your fate will be tomorrow."
9:51
Sahih International:
Say, "Never will we be struck except by what Allah has decreed for us; He is our protector." And upon Allah let the believers rely.
Original post by life.....
When I was a little girl, I used to complain a lot about almost everything, and my mother used to respond with these French verses by Victor Hugo:

Naftre desirant la mort,
Grandir regrettant l'enfance ou le coeur d'or
Vieillir regrettant la jeunesse ravit
Et mourir regrettant la vieillesse et la vie.

We are born wishing for death
We grow up regretting the loss of childhood where
The heart is as pure as gold
We grow old regretting the loss of our happy, healthy youth,
And we die regretting growing old, and life itself.

I did not truly understand their meaning until years later. My mother was right: I have to enjoy the moment, for each has its own taste and its own beauty. Each stage in our life has its bitter and its sweet: why look at the empty part of the glass? Why feel that the sun is always brighter on the other side? Enjoy your life, think about all the blessings you have got - and for sure you have got many. Allah is the Most Just.

[Healing body & soul - Amira Ayad]

لا يصح الإستدلال والتعاطف بأقوال الكفار لانهم قد يبعدوا المسلم عن دينه من خلال التشويش العقله وزراعة الشك في قلبه.

It is a not good to use and become familiar with quotes of non Muslims and this may distract a believer and sway him away from Islam through confusing him and creating doubts in his heart

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kazuhira
لا يصح الإستدلال والتعاطف بأقوال الكفار لانهم قد يبعدوا المسلم عن دينه من خلال التشويش العقله وزراعة الشك في قلبه.

It is a not good to use and become familiar with quotes of non Muslims and this may distract a believer and sway him away from Islam through confusing him and creating doubts in his heart

Posted from TSR Mobile

من اين لك هذا الكلام ؟
What are you on about bro?
Original post by Kazuhira
ما اقوله ليس بحاجة لبيان ، بل هو واضح ويعقل لكل إنسان عاقل. كيف لكم ان تنكروا مدا ضلال الفلاسفة الكفار، فأفكارهم ضلت وجعلت ملحدين من الكثير من المؤمنين

Posted from TSR Mobile

بل عليك ان تبين
الأخت لم تقل مافيه اي شيئ يمكن ان يشكك اي شخص
إنما نقلت كلاما فيه بعض الحكمة
والحكمة ضالة المؤمن
بالله عليك هل في ما نقلتة مايمكن ان يشكك ؟
هنالك فرق بين فلسفة ضالة مضلة وبين كلام فيه حكمه
وهل يوجد اي مانع شرعي من الإستفادة من غير المسلمين؟ والتعلم منهم؟
لا تتنطع يا أخ
The sister never said anything objectionable and you are just going over the top.
There is nothing wrong in learning from others and seeking out wisdom.
Original post by Al-farhan
بل عليك ان تبين
والحكمة ضالة المؤمن
لا تتنطع يا أخ
The sister never said anything objectionable and you are just going over the top.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

كلام جيد!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by s_ahmed2
Couldn't have said it better myself.

كلام جيد!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you brother.
Barak Allahu feik
When I was a little girl, I used to complain a lot about almost everything, and my mother used to respond with these French verses by Victor Hugo:

Naftre desirant la mort,
Grandir regrettant l'enfance ou le coeur d'or
Vieillir regrettant la jeunesse ravit
Et mourir regrettant la vieillesse et la vie

We are born wishing for death
We grow up regretting the loss of childhood where
The heart is as pure as gold
We grow old regretting the loss of our happy, healthy youth,
And we die regretting growing old, and life itself.
a very beautiful quote, thanks for this

PS, Hugo wrote it slightly differently
Hélas ! naître pour vivre en désirant la mort !
Grandir en regrettant l'enfance le coeur dort,
Vieillir en regrettant la jeunesse ravie,
Mourir en regrettant la vieillesse et la vie !

so, second verse talks about "childhood, when the heart sleeps" i
third verse is actually "regretting the loss of youth taken away"

best
(edited 7 years ago)
Just wanted to say:

All the text in that post is from a book i was reading. I just copy pasted it

Im a brother... Brother Q, in fact :smile:

You gave away your secret identity man :tongue:
Original post by Al-farhan
بل عليك ان تبين
والحكمة ضالة المؤمن
لا تتنطع يا أخ

احسنت القول وكلامك منطقي ويعقل . ولكن بغض النظر عن محتوى النص, لا بد من الإحتياط لأن هذه الأمور قد تأثر امان وتفكير الاخت في حال اندماجها فيها ولربما تقرأ مقالات وكتب تنفي التوحيد والعياذ بالله

وهذا هو الخطأ الذي احذر منه وحسب
You are correct, I was just say it is better to be cautious
(edited 7 years ago)
:ninja:
Original post by getfunky!

:ninja2:
Original post by getfunky!

Sorry.
No more arabic!!
Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

And return [in repentance] to your Lord and submit to Him before the punishment comes upon you; then you will not be helped.

And follow the best of what was revealed to you from your Lord before the punishment comes upon you suddenly while you do not perceive,

Lest a soul should say, "Oh [how great is] my regret over what I neglected in regard to Allah and that I was among the mockers."

Or [lest] it say, "If only Allah had guided me, I would have been among the righteous."

Or [lest] it say when it sees the punishment, "If only I had another turn so I could be among the doers of good."

But yes, there had come to you My verses, but you denied them and were arrogant, and you were among the disbelievers.

And on the Day of Resurrection you will see those who lied about Allah [with] their faces blackened. Is there not in Hell a residence for the arrogant?

And Allah will save those who feared Him by their attainment; no evil will touch them, nor will they grieve.

Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is, over all things, Disposer of affairs.

[Surah Az Zumar]

[video="youtube;Cnf0PUHchcU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf0PUHchcU&list=PL4D4D99B935DEDD99&index=27[/video]

Latest