This discussion is closed.
sebirepsax
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hello,

quite unchallanging question for experts like you guys:
is there a PPE at cambridge? i know there is one in oxford and some other places, but is there one in cambridge? someone even told me that in cam one always studies in a tripology? true?
as you can read, i am absolutly clueless and in great need for some help.
i scored 40 Points in the IB and intend to apply for a ppe course...where should i do this? oxford or cambridge? any significant differences?

since i am a foreigner, lacking any college counsellor help I am very gratefull for any word of advice.

Thanks
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sebirepsax)
Hello,

quite unchallanging question for experts like you guys:
is there a PPE at cambridge? i know there is one in oxford and some other places, but is there one in cambridge? someone even told me that in cam one always studies in a tripology? true?
as you can read, i am absolutly clueless and in great need for some help.
i scored 40 Points in the IB and intend to apply for a ppe course...where should i do this? oxford or cambridge? any significant differences?

since i am a foreigner, lacking any college counsellor help I am very gratefull for any word of advice.

Thanks
Cambridge does NOT do PPE, it does a different version which does not have the same mix or (apparently) reputation - its called SPS . If you want to do PPE then Oxford, York, Warwick etc all have PPE courses.
If Cambridge is the one you wish to apply for (rather than the course) I would be very careful. Both Oxford and Cam are keen to get students with a passion for the SUBJECT not the place!
Cam does have a tripos system (I'm sure others will be along to elucidate rather better than I) which basically means that you do your first year, pass successfully and then can change to do another subject in years 2 and 3...
sebirepsax
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
....thank you. that was already of great help.
I will now proceed with deciding where and for what i should apply.

one more thing though: this alterative prospectus for oxford doesnt seem to work anymore...or is my link wrong?
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~wadh1305/ousu/pubs/ap2003.pdf

thanks
OldMan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sebirepsax)
....thank you. that was already of great help.
I will now proceed with deciding where and for what i should apply.

one more thing though: this alterative prospectus for oxford doesnt seem to work anymore...or is my link wrong?
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~wadh1305/ousu/pubs/ap2003.pdf

thanks
Now at http://users.ox.ac.uk/~ousufinc/pubs/AP2003.pdf
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (35)
17.95%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (55)
28.21%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (105)
53.85%

Watched Threads