Turn on thread page Beta

Hello,

quite unchallanging question for experts like you guys:
    is there a PPE at cambridge? i know there is one in oxford and some other places, but is there one in cambridge? someone even told me that in cam one always studies in a tripology? true?
    as you can read, i am absolutly clueless and in great need for some help.
    i scored 40 Points in the IB and intend to apply for a ppe course...where should i do this? oxford or cambridge? any significant differences?

since i am a foreigner, lacking any college counsellor help I am very gratefull for any word of advice.

Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sebirepsax)
    Hello,

quite unchallanging question for experts like you guys:
    is there a PPE at cambridge? i know there is one in oxford and some other places, but is there one in cambridge? someone even told me that in cam one always studies in a tripology? true?
    as you can read, i am absolutly clueless and in great need for some help.
    i scored 40 Points in the IB and intend to apply for a ppe course...where should i do this? oxford or cambridge? any significant differences?

since i am a foreigner, lacking any college counsellor help I am very gratefull for any word of advice.

Thanks
    Cambridge does NOT do PPE, it does a different version which does not have the same mix or (apparently) reputation - its called SPS . If you want to do PPE then Oxford, York, Warwick etc all have PPE courses.
    If Cambridge is the one you wish to apply for (rather than the course) I would be very careful. Both Oxford and Cam are keen to get students with a passion for the SUBJECT not the place!
    Cam does have a tripos system (I'm sure others will be along to elucidate rather better than I) which basically means that you do your first year, pass successfully and then can change to do another subject in years 2 and 3...

....thank you. that was already of great help.
    I will now proceed with deciding where and for what i should apply.

one more thing though: this alterative prospectus for oxford doesnt seem to work anymore...or is my link wrong?
    http://users.ox.ac.uk/~wadh1305/ousu/pubs/ap2003.pdf

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebirepsax)
    ....thank you. that was already of great help.
    I will now proceed with deciding where and for what i should apply.

one more thing though: this alterative prospectus for oxford doesnt seem to work anymore...or is my link wrong?
    http://users.ox.ac.uk/~wadh1305/ousu/pubs/ap2003.pdf

thanks
    Now at http://users.ox.ac.uk/~ousufinc/pubs/AP2003.pdf

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.