The Student Room Group

Conspiracy Club: 1st Edition

This is the official thread for the theorists and anyone else who'd like to join in challenging these theories. This way we will uncover well informed and strong arguments. I strongly believe the way the world works is a lot more than what we see hence this thread. We will cover recent topics in the news.
ANY ARGUMENTS MUST HAVE A SOURCE POSTED WITH THEM.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The problem I find with conspiracy theories is that they assume the world is headed down a certain fixed route spearheaded by a global elite with aligned and homogenous interests. This is completely unrealistic and simplifies the complexity of how decisions are made on the international level.
Original post by Pulse.
The problem I find with conspiracy theories is that they assume the world is headed down a certain fixed route spearheaded by a global elite with aligned and homogenous interests. This is completely unrealistic and simplifies the complexity of how decisions are made on the international level.

Seems not so much aligned interests of the elite, but groups of elite playing Game of Thrones with each other.
Original post by Pulse.

Decisions on an international level. How are they made? What's the process?
Reply 4
Of course you know who control the world :wink:
Original post by Ordo
Of course you know who control the world :wink:

What?
Reply 6
Original post by CorpusLuteum
What?

You tell me :wink:
Reply 7

What makes you think there are any?
Original post by Drewski
What makes you think there are any?

Well, I don't know if there really has been a fair- I mean people attend summits so isn't that kind of an international level.
Reply 9
Original post by hellodave5
Seems not so much aligned interests of the elite, but groups of elite playing Game of Thrones with each other.

On the international level decisions are made through concessions and negotiations. Globalisation has delineated the makeup of who sits at these top positions, which is a good thing, but the principal entities are states which almost always have disparate interests and alignments.
Well, I don't know if there really has been a fair- I mean people attend summits so isn't that kind of an international level.

Sure. But what makes you think decisions are made or, more importantly, abided by?
Chemtrails is a goodun, fruity as they come, but then we did actually spray large parts of the country with zinc cadmium sulphide.
Original post by Drewski
Sure. But what makes you think decisions are made or, more importantly, abided by?

Nothing makes me think that decisions ever made are abided by, nor rules. Hence the thread
Nothing makes me think that decisions ever made are abided by, nor rules. Hence the thread

How can there be a conspiracy is nothing has been conspired? :holmes:
And important issue - I think- is the way the American government works and who makes the decision; anyone care to expand?
Original post by Drewski
How can there be a conspiracy is nothing has been conspired? :holmes:

Well something has been conspired but not abiding with public laws that have been revealed to the public.
Well something has been conspired but not abiding with public laws that have been revealed to the public.

And you know this...how?
I suspect this, however I don't have full proof, hence its a theory.

Original post by Drewski
And you know this...how?
I suspect this, however I don't have full proof, hence its a theory.

Any. Any is the word you're looking for.
Original post by Drewski
Any. Any is the word you're looking for.

Well yes. I guess theorists make links seeing as proof can be hard to gain in a political situation.

Quick Reply

Latest