Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I plan to study physics at university.

I have gotten 4 A at As level and am taking maths physics and computer science at a A level.

My first choice would definitely be oxford. Idk which other 4 unis to apply to tho and how the grade requirement should be spread out. Like should i apply to unis with AAB requirement incase i dont get offers from the top unis or just apply to all AAA and higher unis. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyamlim97)

I have gotten 4 A at As level and am taking maths physics and computer science at a A level.

My first choice would definitely be oxford. Idk which other 4 unis to apply to tho and how the grade requirement should be spread out. Like should i apply to unis with AAB requirement incase i dont get offers from the top unis or just apply to all AAA and higher unis. Thank you
    Hi!

Those are great results. Well done!

Your university choices are definitely personal decisions, which I think can only be made my looking at the league tables, seeing which universities stand out, and look at people's opinions on here or on YouTube etc. Then you should visit these places.

My firm choice is A*AA and insurance is AAA for Physics and Maths. None of my choices were lower. I think with your grades, a backup university with an AAA requirement is perfectly fine.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    If you have 4 As at AS level + all A*/A predictions then I recommend this entry requirement spread:

2 A*AA or above
    2 AAA
    1 AAB where you're guaranteed an offer

ReputationRep:
    How do you know your AS results already? Anyway, with those results, you should easily get offers from universities that require AAA (as long as your GCSE grades and personal statement are good). Bare in mind though that high entry requirements don't necessarily mean the university is good. If you find a uni that requires lower grades, but the course structure really suits you, you shouldn't be put off applying there.

ReputationRep:
    You will get offers easily from any uni except oxbridge/imperial. I got 4 As and put some lower unis (AAB) on because I thought maybe I won't get offers but it's ridiculous, getting the offers is really the easy part. Pick the best unis that you like and you probably won't need to go below AAA entry req

ReputationRep:

It will depend partly on your predictions, but I suspect that AAB unis would be a waste of a choice unless there is something particular about the course you particularly like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshC98)
    How do you know your AS results already? Anyway, with those results, you should easily get offers from universities that require AAA (as long as your GCSE grades and personal statement are good). Bare in mind though that high entry requirements don't necessarily mean the university is good. If you find a uni that requires lower grades, but the course structure really suits you, you shouldn't be put off applying there.
    Im an international student so we sit our exams in nov. Meaning that my A2 exams will be this oct/nov. Alright thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhyM23)
    Hi!

Those are great results. Well done!

Your university choices are definitely personal decisions, which I think can only be made my looking at the league tables, seeing which universities stand out, and look at people's opinions on here or on YouTube etc. Then you should visit these places.

My firm choice is A*AA and insurance is AAA for Physics and Maths. None of my choices were lower. I think with your grades, a backup university with an AAA requirement is perfectly fine.

Hope this helps
    Thank you. Sadly i cant visit unis as im an international student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    If you have 4 As at AS level + all A*/A predictions then I recommend this entry requirement spread:

2 A*AA or above
    2 AAA
    1 AAB where you're guaranteed an offer
    Hmm, thing is if i dont get into oxford, imperial or perhaps manchester, I wont be studying in the uk and might go to canada to study.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hmm, thing is if i dont get into oxford, imperial or perhaps manchester, I wont be studying in the uk and might go to canada to study.
    Why Oxford rather than Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Why Oxford rather than Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I want to do straight up physics and not natural sciences. And i would probably transfer to the MMathPhys at oxford in the 4th year.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I want to do straight up physics and not natural sciences. And i would probably transfer to the MMathPhys at oxford in the 4th year.
    Fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.