Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what do you recommend???

i was thinking of getting just a pen and doodling on me to see what it's like.
    anyone ever got ink poisoning from a pen yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by operato)
    what do you recommend???

i was thinking of getting just a pen and doodling on me to see what it's like.
    anyone ever got ink poisoning from a pen yet?
    lol
    why dont you draw a design on paper or transfer paper and stick it on ur arm and let it rub off to see how it wud look?
    less chance of the ink poisoning!
    if ur female...dnt get one
    if ur male go for something tribal looking ...no colours...black or red...get it on ur forearm (like brandon boyd)
    or on ur back if you have nice shoulder blades

ReputationRep:
    yea you can get ink poisoning if you use the wrong ink, but the risk of infection from doing tatoos is higher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    lol
    why dont you draw a design on paper or transfer paper and stick it on ur arm and let it rub off to see how it wud look?
    less chance of the ink poisoning!
    if ur female...dnt get one
    if ur male go for something tribal looking ...no colours...black or red...get it on ur forearm (like brandon boyd)
    or on ur back if you have nice shoulder blades
    iv seen him live lol he he he
    i have tattoos they are great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    iv seen him live lol he he he
    i have tattoos they are great!
    yeh my best friend has one but i duno if i like them on girlz?
    depends on the individual i guess
    dnt get me started on yummy brandon

ReputationRep:
    i thought of having a tatoo of Banastre Tarleton 2 years ago, but i decided against it

ReputationRep:
    yeh my best friend has one but i duno if i like them on girlz?
    depends on the individual i guess
    dnt get me started on yummy brandon
    oooh he is sooooo fine lol i got his sweat on my face at wembely and a drum stick

ReputationRep:
    oooh he is sooooo fine lol i got his sweat on my face at wembely and a drum stick
    lol reminds me of wen i so nearly got the Disturbed drummers stick at ozzfest but lost it to the horrible cow next to me....grrrr

ReputationRep:
    lol reminds me of wen i so nearly got the Disturbed drummers stick at ozzfest but lost it to the horrible cow next to me....grrrr
    should have bitten her!!!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    should have bitten her!!!!! :eek:
    was thinking about it but think she wud have sat on me

ReputationRep:
    tattoos = sh*t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    tattoos = sh*t
    aw you dont think that really do you

ReputationRep:
    Don get a tattoo!

ReputationRep:
    Someone is going to slate me for this but tatoos may be "all the rave" at the moment but what about in years to come?

Despite what they say you can never really get rid of a tatoo as there will always be some effect from the laser removal surgery.

Also if it is very visable (i.e. forearm) this may rule you out of some lines of employment. The Police for example don't like visible tatoos and some forces would not admit you. I also imagine that if you wish to go into something like Medicine it would be a negative.

So many people have got them nowadays that they are starting to become common. The classic one is the girl having some sort of wings type design normally at the bottom of her back.

The worst one I have seen on a girl was someone who had angel wings around her shoulder blades - looked terrible.

My advice it seriously consider your options, even if it does look good now how will it look in 15-20 years time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    Don get a tattoo!
    prove a case! persuade me...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    get a white tattoo - they're more subtle and if you do decide you like it you can get it augmented with darker colours at a later date.

Personally the only place I've considered getting tattooed was my inner upper arm (just up from the armpit if you're holding your arms in the air) but it's supposed to hurt like hell there and I could never quite decide on a design that I really really liked so I never got round to it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by operato)
    prove a case! persuade me...
    iv got a dragon about 4 inches long on my left shoulder blade i can get it out i can put it away simple!

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever seen a tattoo on the arm of an old man? Green, smudged and gross on wrinkly skin. Maybe they do them differently now so they won't end up like that, but I wouldn't risk it personally (and pain is always going to be a problem for someone like me who won't even get her ears pierced.)

ReputationRep:
    lol i got a ton of peircings too tounge lip nose ears belly button twice im a classy chick :cool:

ReputationRep:
    lol i got a ton of peircings too tounge lip nose ears belly button twice im a classy chick :cool:

bloody hell lol anywhere else ?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.