Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you kill an animal for food? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Like not buy it from the shop actually do the slaughtering yourself, and feel no guilt? I would love the opportunity tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes only if i couldn't buy it from the shop

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would love to kill some dogs and eat them.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't relish the act but if it's to survive then yes

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

I've caught and gutted my own fish before but never anything with legs.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would if there were no shops nearby and I needed to do it to survive.

(Original post by AsapRocky)
    Like not buy it from the shop actually do the slaughtering yourself, and feel no guilt? I would love the opportunity tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I was starving and there was literally no other food. And if it wasn't my pet.

ReputationRep:
    I already eat plenty of meat, so it seems like it would be hypocritical if I wouldn't kill one if I needed to.

In a moral sense I'm already killing animals, albeit indirectly, because my consumption of meat affects the overall demand for meat products, which in turn affects how many are slaughtered.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've done it a fair few times.

It's quite satisfying to kill, cook and eat your own animal.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    you sound so sadistic...if it's for survival then yeah but it's not like you're starving.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and actually with my new stance on things it's the best way to have meat.
    1. You're only killing that one animal, whereas if you're buying meat from the industry you're indirectly responsible for the suffering and murder of 1000s of animals.
    2. It's more environmentally friendly as you don't need to worry about feeding them and using up grazing lands
    3. It's probably cleaner than most animals kept in the slaughterhouses.
    4. It lived a life it was meant to live out in the wild, not born in **** conditions just being fattened up for murder.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Truthfully I don't think I could unless it was an absolute life or death moment. I'd feel extreme guilt and probably wouldn't be able to face eating the animal but would have to force myself if it meant life or death.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.