Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are we better off without the religion of Islam existing or has it had an overall benefit in society?

ReputationRep:
    Without it. All in all, there aren't any religions that have helped us, and Islam has definitely not made our world a nicer nor more peaceful place to live.

ReputationRep:
    That's an extremely complicated and difficult question which also needs lots of clarification. No one could ever answer a question like that properly because of how long it's been around and its numerous effects, positive or negative.

Virtually impossible to answer because of the countless factors

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't just be asking this about Islam. At times, I ponder if the world could've been better off without Christianity. Even now, the only religion I can feel any compassion towards these days is Judaism.

ReputationRep:
    The world would be better off without all religion, but certainly in modern times the world would be a better place without Islam specifically.

ReputationRep:
    Muslims make 23% of people in this planet so er... We need them.

But what we don't need is terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    If everyone left Islam it would obviously be a benefit to the world, well at least if you value liberalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    This is your third thread on Islam in less than 12 hours.
    That is really sad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing sad or wrong about discussing and debating about a belief system. It's good to challenge and debate ideas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedscarlet)
    Muslims make 23% of people in this planet so er... We need them.

But what we don't need is terrorists.
    I meant the religion, not the people of the religion. We would still have all these people if Islam didn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I think the world would be better without religion in general.
    (I already know people will get very angry at this)

ReputationRep:
    Blease ask zis question in 100 year and a lot of things will be different. Don't ask zis question in the middle of a global crisis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Nothing sad or wrong about discussing and debating about a belief system. It's good to challenge and debate ideas.
    Kan ewe keep it 2 won thred blease?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Are we better off without the religion of Islam existing or has it had an overall benefit in society?
    Obviously 'better off' is not a statement of fact but of opinion. My opinion is that we would be better off without it as long as other ideologies e.g. christianity, communism etc do not get any bigger than they are currently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    Without it. All in all, there aren't any religions that have helped us, and Islam has definitely not made our world a nicer nor more peaceful place to live.
    (Original post by Adamski191)
    You shouldn't just be asking this about Islam. At times, I ponder if the world could've been better off without Christianity. Even now, the only religion I can feel any compassion towards these days is Judaism.
    You might want to expand that list...

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipit...p.10.budd.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    You might want to expand that list...

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipit...p.10.budd.html
    Pretty lovely, I stand corrected - all religion except Buddhism ;]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    Pretty lovely, I stand corrected - all religion except Buddhism ;]
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamski191)
    Isn't the Tanakh pretty much the same as the Old Testament?

ReputationRep:
    Without.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget what helped cause all this radicalisation in the first place

Forget the question, please let me know how you will get rid of Islam in the first place?? Then talk. All I can think of is madness to even attempt it so good to you for thinking right.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.