Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What else can you do with eggs apart from incubating them and walking to allow them to hatch?

I'm on level 5 but I haven't battled yet. Would you choose a pokemon with a high CP to battle at the gym?

What do you use potions for?

How do I get a pikachu without starting over?

Where can I see the candies that I've got from transferring?

If I leave my pokemon at the gym and lose, do I lose that pokemon too?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    from someone with only "core" experience of the entire franchise:
    -Potions heal HP
    -Lose a battle doesn't mean lose your Pokémon (last I heard)
    -I'm guessing CP is the replacement for a Pokémon's level

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    What else can you do with eggs apart from incubating them and walking to allow them to hatch?

I'm on level 5 but I haven't battled yet. Would you choose a pokemon with a high CP to battle at the gym?

Thank you!
    1- You don't do anything else with eggs. But you can get cool pokemon from them when you do hatch them!

2- Yes, you have a greater chance of beating a gym if you choose pokemon with higher CP and HP for your team.

3- You use potions to heal pokemon injured in gym battles.

4- By looking at the profile of a pokemon of the same species. Eg. To see ratata candy look at a ratata's profile. It's near the evolve/power up section.

5- No, it gets returned to you, but with 0 health points.

ReputationRep:
    My advice, is discard all potions and revives early stages to keep room for pokeballs, I'm level 12, and I'm still not finding any use for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    Nothing. A 2km Egg will hatch you a common Pokémon, 5km is uncommon, 10km is "rare" (quotation marks necessary because any of the Legendary Pokémon are definitely much rarer by comparison, so much so that I don't even think they've been released yet).

As their HP scales up with the CP, yes.

Healing Pokémon that have been injured in Gym battles.

Catch one.

Go onto your Pokémon list and select the desired Pokémon. Any Candies you've obtained will be viewable on the page somewhere.

As far as I'm aware, no. But don't take my word for it, I haven't been involved in any Gym battles yet.

ReputationRep:
    With regards to the pikachu question, all potential starters can be caught like any other basic ***** pokemon.

Source: I caught a wartortle on the toilet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.