Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it is really annoying when people say Title
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by the bear)
    it is really annoying when people say Title
    Would you rather they just repeat the question? There's nothing else the OP can add to the post since the title says it all.

In response to the question, almost never. Although that depends on your idea of not working. It's only ever cut out once due to a power cut. It very rarely has a router side issue that requires a restart. My devices will occasionally lose connection but that's not always the fault of the router (long distance wireless, poor adapters, adverse weather, etc.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Would you rather they just repeat the question? There's nothing else the OP can add to the post since the title says it all. *
    it just sounds rude and passive aggressive. *

ReputationRep:
    Hello David.
    Mine never does (virgin media)

ReputationRep:
    At the rate of once per power outage.

ReputationRep:
    Probably three times per day but I live in the middle of nowhere

ReputationRep:
    Not often. The broadband itself only went down once over the last year but it was down for the whole weekend. My wireless hotspot needs restarting every now and then. Every few weeks. But that's cause it can run on battery but it's always plugged in so it sometimes messes up.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    oh my gosh i get where youre coming from

anywayssss
    mine stops like almost EVERY ****** day!!! i have to go down and restart it so annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)

anywayssss
    mine stops like almost EVERY ****** day!!! i have to go down and restart it so annoying
    broadband = fine

xp = flaky

ReputationRep:
    You guys are very spoiled

ReputationRep:
    Very very rarely, it's pretty reliable. I have BT Infinity btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    You guys are very spoiled
    Why's that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by political)
    Why's that?

Honestly I have seen people freak out and complain if their broadband is slower than usual or down for the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)

anywayssss

Well you need to excercise

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I have seen people freak out and complain if their broadband is slower than usual or down for the day.
    Those people sound like they need to reevaluate their lives.

Personally my broadband is painfully slow and quite intermittent but it means I get to live in a wonderful place so it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Virgina and it is usually amazing but today and yeaurday i have lost connection totally for a few hours and I had to keep restarting my devices and waiting till it worked

ReputationRep:
    Completely stop working?
    Around once per week maybe less and for a matter of seconds.

Broadband connection dropping to unusable levels? Several times a week . For most of the day it's perfect however every now and then the connection drops and it may as well be disconnected. Loading google takes an age and anything else is almost impossible.

I will be moving to Virgin soon, 100mbps+ download speeds is better than the current '16mbps' (which it never reaches, usually around 8mbps) with a pathetic 1mbps upload.

ReputationRep:
    Never (Virgin Media)

Super fast 24/7 yay!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sorry but I have to disagree. It's one word. There's literally nothing rude or passive aggressive about it. It's literally just used so you aren't wasting time repeating yourself.

How does that equate to being spoiled? Nobody here is complaining and the majority of us just stated we have a good broadband connection that rarely fails. I really don't see how a few people complaining about slow/broken broadband equates to us being spoiled for having reliable broadband. And in the case of anyone that pays for it themselves it's a personal choice and being spoiled doesn't even come into it.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.