Turn on thread page Beta

Kissing my bf annoys me, just wanted advice watch

Announcements

Ive tried to go along with kissing for months, ive been honest with my bf that it does nothing for me and he says im abnormal but i am what i am. One time he had a cold sore and kissed me without telling me he had it, i pointed it out after in a calm way and he said it had scabbed over, was ok and that it was me with a hang up. He did the same thing months after but had stubble so it was hard to see. Im aware i could already have the virus but ive never had coldsores in my life. So now i keep an eye out for cold sores on him lol.

The thing is often makes negative comments about me even though he intends to motivate me rather than insult. Its things like telling me i have a fat arse, need to train more etc as he coaches me in running as well. I often feel like im walking on egg shells though i feel i cant say what i want to without him saying 'rubbish' '********' and him putting me down in some way. Like today he asked me to feel his elbow as he felt a sore bony part. I felt it and he said in a stern tone 'no not there, like this'. I did it wrong again dnd he said '****ing hell here, you dont ****ing listen'. I knew there was no point arguing so just did as he said and stayed quiet.

Lately though the thought of kissing him annoys me too. I feel very annoyed right after kissing him and in my head am insulting him lol. Its as though I like him but dont like him at the same time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ive tried to go along with kissing for months, ive been honest with my bf that it does nothing for me and he says im abnormal but i am what i am. One time he had a cold sore and kissed me without telling me he had it, i pointed it out after in a calm way and he said it had scabbed over, was ok and that it was me with a hang up. He did the same thing months after but had stubble so it was hard to see. Im aware i could already have the virus but ive never had coldsores in my life. So now i keep an eye out for cold sores on him lol.

The thing is often makes negative comments about me even though he intends to motivate me rather than insult. Its things like telling me i have a fat arse, need to train more etc as he coaches me in running as well. I often feel like im walking on egg shells though i feel i cant say what i want to without him saying 'rubbish' '********' and him putting me down in some way. Like today he asked me to feel his elbow as he felt a sore bony part. I felt it and he said in a stern tone 'no not there, like this'. I did it wrong again dnd he said '****ing hell here, you dont ****ing listen'. I knew there was no point arguing so just did as he said and stayed quiet.

Lately though the thought of kissing him annoys me too. I feel very annoyed right after kissing him and in my head am insulting him lol. Its as though I like him but dont like him at the same time.
    Doesn't sound like a healthy relationship / you're having fun. You can try to work it out or alternatively, leave him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Dump him, it sounds like he isn't respecting you fully - or take some time apart, maybe you two are rubbing shoulders too much?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want to kiss such an unloving, rude guy either. It's not healthy to put your partner down. Sometimes you might hurt them, like when my boyfriend tells me I haven't been sticking to my diet and maybe that's why I'm feeling insecure, but that hurts because it's the truth and he knows I need to here it from him. The point is, healthy relationships don't aim to make people feel bad about themselves and constantly putting them down isn't healthy. He should build you up.
    Talk to him about this (calmly and not in an accusing way) and if he reacts as if you're being silly or gets angry, leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I need to find a chick like you. Kissing and foreplay is just a waste of time. Us guys just want to be able to stick it in.

ReputationRep:
    I think he needs to get rid of you tbh. You are not good for him

ReputationRep:
    shag someone else

I get your situation, I am in a similar one myself so I can't offer advice since I'm busy messing everything up myself.

ReputationRep:
    Eww who does that lol

(Original post by !!mentor!!)
    I need to find a chick like you. Kissing and foreplay is just a waste of time. Us guys just want to be able to stick it in.
    Thats what I prefere just hugging followed by intercourse, I dont get kissing at all, i often wonder what it feels like to be into it.

(Original post by neal95)
    I think he needs to get rid of you tbh. You are not good for him
    Im not i agree. Neither were the other 20 odd women he's had, he's so unlucky in that theres always some problem or issue with them. (he says)

ReputationRep:
    He clearly doesn't deserve you , there are plenty of single guys out there (including myself I must add) that would love to be dating someone like you.

It really make my blood boil , in that girls say that they want someone who is a typical nice guy typically there the ones right next to you but are considered to be in the friend zone. That's not a rant at you but a summary of trials and tribulations of my experience so far.

ReputationRep:
    Um...

**** this guy. What the ****? Get away from him right now. He's a manipulative, abusive, red flag piece of ****. No wonder you don't want to kiss him.

If you don't feel right in a relationship, do NOT stay in that relationship. I made this mistake once. Manipulative and abusive guy, I hated kissing him but stayed with him anyway - terrible decision and I regret it to this day. Don't make my mistake. Get away from him. There's nothing wrong with you, it's him. Please!

(Original post by Polka_Specs)
    He clearly doesn't deserve you , there are plenty of single guys out there (including myself I must add) that would love to be dating someone like you.

It really make my blood boil , in that girls say that they want someone who is a typical nice guy typically there the ones right next to you but are considered to be in the friend zone. That's not a rant at you but a summary of trials and tribulations of my experience so far.
    well from my experience the nice guys haven't been attracted to me, I would like a nice guy but I tend to get ignored by most guys I think because I'm quiet and dress plainly. My bf kind of 'pusued'' me and I had a secret crush on him for a while I think because he was into the same things as me and gave me attention/helped me with sports. He is the touchy feely type too like he will put his hand on someones shoulder if they are feeling low and I guess I didn't get this from anyone else with being quite a loner. Maybe try having more confidence in yourself and putting yourself forward a bit more, easier said than done I know. From what I've seen it tends to be all the 'showy off' guys that get the girls first and then a few years later when they meet more people the good guys finally start to date girls. It's similar for girls though, guys think it is easy for girls but many girls I knew had no bf till the end of college, it's the popular ones who dress up, wear pretty make up etc that get the guys first. Try not to get frustrated.

Sorry ive spelt pursued wrong ha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.