Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16, just finished Year 11, bored af, getting into arguments with family, broke, the usual. Are there any ways of me getting money on the internet (legally) that I could do as a 16 year old?

I'm so bored, and it dawned on me a few days ago when I was running late trying to get ready to go out to London, but I literally couldn't find any money ANYWHERE! I have money in the bank, but that's rapidly decreasing due to stuff I'm subscribed to (Apple Music for instance) and other ****.

I'm broke, plz help. I don't have anything to sell
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    I'm 16, just finished Year 11, bored af, getting into arguments with family, broke, the usual. Are there any ways of me getting money on the internet (legally) that I could do as a 16 year old?

I'm so bored, and it dawned on me a few days ago when I was running late trying to get ready to go out to London, but I literally couldn't find any money ANYWHERE! I have money in the bank, but that's rapidly decreasing due to stuff I'm subscribed to (Apple Music for instance) and other ****.

Best thing you could do is entering competitions. Or sell your soul to polling agencies but they don't pay much at all.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Aph)
    Or sell your soul to polling agencies but they don't pay much at all.
    That makes survey sites sound so dirty, i dont feel like i m selling my soul at all:P
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    That makes survey sites sound so dirty, i dont feel like i m selling my soul at all:P
    Having been on yougov for almost 2 years now it honestly feels that way!!! I don't bother entering the competitions because so many other people enter them that you are unlikely to win but. They do come at you day and night wanting infomation and they probably know more about me than I know about mysel
    I've also only just reached my first £50 so £25 a year isn't a great salary.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Aph)
    Having been on yougov for almost 2 years now it honestly feels that way!!! I don't bother entering the competitions because so many other people enter them that you are unlikely to win but. They do come at you day and night wanting infomation and they probably know more about me than I know about mysel
    I've also only just reached my first £50 so £25 a year isn't a great salary.
    Yougov is one of the worst ones i m signed up to, onepoll takes forever too, but i get a fiver amazon voucher every 10 days from swagbucks (i don't mind people knowing my household income or what products i buy at all:P) . Entering competitions is more like a hobby to me really, so although i've only ever won one i don't mind that.

ReputationRep:
    First unsubscribe to everything that's eating away from your savings. Also at 16 you're old enough to get a job, apply for a part time one at McDonald's or something. I know you said you have nothing to sell but look through your wardrobe and pull out things that you never wear, you can easily sell on depop and mak a bit of cash. You can't really make cash easily online, all thoes online survey sites exchange your services for vouchers rather than money, best bet would be yo get a part time job.

ReputationRep:
    Why not get an actual job if you are 16.

Also user testing.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
    First unsubscribe to everything that's eating away from your savings. Also at 16 you're old enough to get a job, apply for a part time one at McDonald's or something. I know you said you have nothing to sell but look through your wardrobe and pull out things that you never wear, you can easily sell on depop and mak a bit of cash. You can't really make cash easily online, all thoes online survey sites exchange your services for vouchers rather than money, best bet would be yo get a part time job.
    You can now sell gift cards on zeek for 75% original value.

ReputationRep:
    my EIGHT year old bro went busking the other day- he came back with £27 after half an hour
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Yougov is one of the worst ones i m signed up to, onepoll takes forever too, but i get a fiver amazon voucher every 10 days from swagbucks (i don't mind people knowing my household income or what products i buy at all:P) . Entering competitions is more like a hobby to me really, so although i've only ever won one i don't mind that.
    Yes, I do agree it isn't great, the equivalent wage is just over £1/h on yougov.
    That sounds like a good deal!!! I've been looking for new survey sites to sign up to for a while so I might just try that.
    I know there are people who,enter competitions professionally but I tend to avoid conpetitions unless there is a reasonable shot of winning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)

buy and sell
    I started my first buying and selling business venture back when I was 14 and with £100 and admit to being rather c**p at it with some stupid purchases like fake Rolexes, an antique no brand cocktail watch, masonic medals, an antique camera but there was good stuff scrap silver, scrap gold, scrap platinum, low brand watches like rotarys and ice watches as well as mid brand watches like tag Heuer, omega and Gucci

now I am 21 and running a buying and selling venture with £100,000 of stock in the vault, I don't resell scrap I refine it in-house and sell cartiers, Longines and Breitling every day along with Bvlgari, tiffany and similar jewellery as well as other quality pieces when can get them in
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yes, I do agree it isn't great, the equivalent wage is just over £1/h on yougov.
    That sounds like a good deal!!! I've been looking for new survey sites to sign up to for a while so I might just try that.
    I know there are people who,enter competitions professionally but I tend to avoid conpetitions unless there is a reasonable shot of winning.
    I do try to only go for the competitions where i really want the prize or not many people have entered, or the twitter ones as they don't take up much time:P

ReputationRep:
    get a job and stop wasting money on subscriptions

ReputationRep:
    For usertesting.com all you need is a webcam/mic then you review the website for 15minutes and get roughly $3 to $5 which gets sent to PayPal and then you cash it out in £s

Which if your luck is roughly £10 an hour. However there are not always sites to review

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catgirlcatgirl)
    my EIGHT year old bro went busking the other day- he came back with £27 after half an hour
    Yeah but that's just scummy

ReputationRep:
    Unsubscribe to apple music for starters and all other things that use a direct debit and just utilise their free trials.
    I don't think you'd make as much money online compared to working in an actual store, coffee shops like hiring 16-year-olds.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.