The world is coming to an end my friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abc321zxc)
    ^^^

ReputationRep:
    you tell me..

ReputationRep:
    Is this what life is supposed to be like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    can anything be done about it?

ReputationRep:
    The worst is yet to come

ReputationRep:
    meh, times change

it goes against human nature to live in a completely stable global society, there's always gonna be conflict

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abc321zxc)
    can anything be done about it?
    Just watch...

ReputationRep:
    All I see in this thread is negativity, worse things have happend in the past.

ReputationRep:
    No way near as bad as WW1 or WW2 for now; we simply have more instant access towards world events via the internet

ReputationRep:
    We live in the safest time in human history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    meh, times change

it goes against human nature to live in a completely stable global society, there's always gonna be conflict
    But there's conflict everywhere. like everywhere...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frappé)
    But there's conflict everywhere. like everywhere...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's nothing particularly new though. Look at 1950-53 where the USA could have nuked China in the Korean War, 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis & other Cold War events, conflicts between India & Pakistan who are both nuclear armed etc.
    Those are just some of the issues from the second half of the 20th Century. People have predicted catastrophes since word could be written down.

I personally would rather live now than at any other time in human history.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you guys are the type of people who complain about the media always focusing on the negative. Maybe practice what you preach and inform yourselves because I see no shortage of reasons to be optimistic about the world. It's like whenever a tragedy occurs, the myopic nature of the average TSR user comes into full force.

We are living in the most stable, peaceful and prosperous of times of human history. What are you guys on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The internet, that's what. These things happen every generation... just like the idiots who think the world is going to suddenly end every generation. The religious zealots particularly love this opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulse.)
    I bet you guys are the type of people who complain about the media always focusing on the negative. Maybe practice what you preach and inform yourselves because I see no shortage of reasons to be optimistic about the world. It's like whenever a tragedy occurs, the myopic nature of the average TSR user comes into full force.

We are living in the most stable, peaceful and prosperous of times of human history. What are you guys on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    The internet, that's what. These things happen every generation... just like the idiots who think the world is going to suddenly end every generation. The religious zealots particularly love this opportunity.
    You two need to wake up i'm afraid. Things are bad now, and getting worse everyday!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by john2054)
    You two need to wake up i'm afraid. Things are bad now, and getting worse everyday!
    If you think this is new, you're deluding yourself I'm afraid. The world is becoming more exposed everyday. The tools may change over time but conflict and human nature tends to remain constant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    If you think this is new, you're deluding yourself I'm afraid. The world is becoming more exposed everyday. Conflict and human nature tends to remain constant. The tools change over time.
    Agreed that the internet is making the world a smaller place. But as a 35 year old i have seen a lot. And things are objectively getting worse, in my life time anyway!?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.