Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just had my place confirmed for Horticulture through clearing and gonna live from home, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Where did you find out about clearing at askham can i ask? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaffaNeko)
    Where did you find out about clearing at askham can i ask? thanks
    Hi, I not totally sure as came through a bit of an unusual route, as I applied for a L3 course and was referred to doing a degree at interview as I already have the UCAS points. it was David Lightfoot in Student records (01904 772304) who dealt with my clearing application so he might be a good first point of call.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right. I'm struggling to get work experience for Vet Nursing at Askham so I don't think I'll be able to go in September. I think I will contact David and ask for advice. Sounds daft but I didn't think they do clearing because I don't see much about it at Askham aha. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right. I'm struggling to get work experience for Vet Nursing at Askham so I don't think I'll be able to go in September. I think I will contact David and ask for advice. Sounds daft but I didn't think they do clearing because I don't see much about it at Askham aha. Thank you
    ahh fair, could you not go in for an animal management degree and convert to vet Nursing later on?, aye no I haven't seen clearing places adviceticed for Askham yet, think I was lucky how things planned out really otherwise I wouldn't of thought about it as a an option.

ReputationRep:
    I got a call from Askham and because i dont meet the requirements i have been withdrawn from vet nursing and they are seeing if there are any places within their animal management courses instead. I'm a little shocked that I didn't get in to what I wanted but glad i can still do another course, so maybe it was for the best.

ReputationRep:
    I got a call from Askham and because i dont meet the requirements i have been withdrawn from vet nursing and they are seeing if there are any places within their animal management courses instead. I'm a little shocked that I didn't get in to what I wanted but glad i can still do another course, so maybe it was for the best.
    sorry to hear that but like you say good to be doing summit slightly different rather than nothing .Aye I didn't think I'd be able to do a uni course this time round until I went for interview so its funny how things have a way of working themselves out .

ReputationRep:
    if they don't have any space at Askham have you thought about Bishop Burton?, I did Agriculture there and I know they have a very good animal management centre, the social life is good as well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad everything has worked out it's such a relief. They called back anyway and they are sending me an offer for a Foundation Degree in Management of Animal Collections with Conservation, which I gladly accepted aha. Bishop Burton is such a nice place too but because I'm living at home I would still need to commute, so thank god for the free bus service Askham provide. So are you off to the York campus too?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad everything has worked out it's such a relief. They called back anyway and they are sending me an offer for a Foundation Degree in Management of Animal Collections with Conservation, which I gladly accepted aha. Bishop Burton is such a nice place too but because I'm living at home I would still need to commute, so thank god for the free bus service Askham provide. So are you off to the York campus too?
    Ahh fantastic news , aye that was a deal clincher for me as well, was sick of paying rent and the free bus service is fantastic, better than paying out for fuel etc. Yeah I'll be at York campus , still not sure what day I start to be fair but hopefully get the info pack in the post soon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not ready for the early wake ups again though but I will be worth it aha. I got my enrolment park and it turned out to be someone else's who applied for the same course :s.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not ready for the early wake ups again though but I will be worth it aha. I got my enrolment park and it turned out to be someone else's who applied for the same course :s.
    aye hopefully so :P, aye I havent received my enrolment pack yet and my transport pack was for someone else completely , but got a call from the head of department to confirm everything had gone through so should be reet

ReputationRep:
    For at least a week into the course I'll be asking if the paperwork and forms are still correct. I'll just be freaking out about everything aha, but at least you do have to re-fill anything in.

ReputationRep:
    aye true, starting to feel real now

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm starting on the 14th of September doing the Equine Management

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jess7040)
    Oh cool, good luck, just a few days away

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! When do you start?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! When do you start?
    I start on the 13th

ReputationRep:
    Hi, good to hear from more askham starters, best of luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.