Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Electrifeye's summer bucket vlog watch

ReputationRep:

EDIT: The first episode can be found here:

Hi there.

My name is Electrifeye. That's 'E-Y-E' at the end, most people get confused about the spelling.

So this year I think I'll be trying the TSR summer bucket list (yeah, I know it's kind of obvious given the title of this thread).

I'm planning to vlog my progress rather than the more traditional blog, so we'll see how I get on with this as it's kinda a new thing for me and I'm a little nervous right now . If you want to subscribe to my channel so you're notified once I start uploading you can find my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT3...VApDw/featured

Key:
    :crown: = I did it!
    :crossedf: = In progress
    :poo: = Not yet started

:poo: 1. Lose my coffee virginity
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously, I've never tried coffee, and I really feel that I ought to.
    :poo: 2. Make a den in the woods
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously, sometimes you need to channel your inner child. I just realised I used 'seriously' in the last spoiler too. I should stop using that word now.
    :poo: 3. Make a sandcastle that is as big and awesome as possible
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm going on holiday in Morocco and I figured I could have some fun on it!
    :poo: 4. Read something for my Computer Science course in september
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not sure if I'll make a video for this one, but hey, it's something I need to do.
    :poo: 5. Make a project using a Raspberry Pi
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I probably won't get this done in the time frame for the competition as my uni doesn't send me the Pi until results day. I'll be sure to at least make a start before the competition closes however!
    :poo: 6. Finally throw a (late) birthday party for my friends to come to
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm a bit inhibited and my group of friends is fairly disorganised, so we don't actually do that much together. I'm going to at least attempt to change that! :party2:
    :poo: 7. Create a photo gallery of the awesome things I see this summer
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Will place link here once I start this goal
    :poo: 8. Try Moroccan food on my holiday
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Think I should try and immerse myself in local culture rather than sticking to the usual british burger & chips, at least for one night.
    :poo: 9. Live independently for 5 days
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My parents are going away in a few weeks and I'll be cooking for myself and generally supporting myself for a few days. I might even try a living below the line charity thing if I find people to sponsor me, though no promises on that front!
    :poo: 10. Make an IRL Rube Goldberg machine
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just google it if you're not sure.
    :poo: 11. Have a complex conversation with Siri
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hey siri, is santa real?
    :poo: 12. Visit some of the silliest road systems in the UK
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Suggestions welcome - as long as they're not too far away from me :f1:
    :poo: 13. Perform chemical tests on a McDonald's meal
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry, am I allowed to say that within copyright laws? I meant local fast food resturant which may or may not have a logo consisting of a set of yellow glowing parabolae.
    :poo: 14. Figure out how to remove the TSR clearing popups, as I signed up for the alerts months ago
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Seem to keep popping up on my phone. I'll look for a setting somewhere eventually.
    :crown: 15. Tidy the web of cables behind my desk into something that less closely resembles a rats nest
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It used to look like this:

It now looks like this:
    :crown: 16. Find out why some lorries have two or more different speed limits on the back
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Turns out they're just for different types of roads. This actually seems quite obvious in hindsight.
    :crown: 17. Reorganise my bedroom
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Did this in my first vlog entry! It's now very neat and tidy!
    :poo: 18. Take a camel ride in Morocco
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My sister is very keen to do this so I think we'll be doing this on holiday, I'll try to get some of it recorded.
    I'm hoping to get my first vlog entry up in a couple of days. It's now 4AM and I should probably get to bed, so goodnight everyone! :sleep:

ReputationRep:
    Doing it like a volg is such a cool idea, will definitely sub to that

I lost my coffee virginity earlier this year, with a caramel latte :teehee: But I look forward to seeing the chemical tests one especially :lol:

Good luck & have a nice summer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepinglions)
    Doing it like a volg is such a cool idea, will definitely sub to that I lost my coffee virginity earlier this year, with a caramel latte But I look forward to seeing the chemical tests one especially Good luck & have a nice summer!
    Thanks for the support! Coffee virginity was something I was going to get done at uni, but with this competition I thought it was as good an opportunity for it!

I need to work out what I'm going to do for the chemical tests, I might try getting in touch with my old chemistry teacher and see if he could help me

Started filming my first entry today, so that should be up soon!

ReputationRep:
    Well, after several days of worrying my voice sounds unbearably weird, the first entry has been made:

Now to start planning for the next one...

Enjoy, everyone! Please don't mock me too much :aetsch:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.