Turn on thread page Beta

What's a better excuse: fake illness or genuine have no money watch

Announcements

My friends have planned this big night out for weeks and have been talking for ages. They keep asking me what I'm wearing, where do I want to go etc - I've had no intention of going from the start. I have no money and am supporting my boyfriend at the moment too - plus trying to save. Does having no money sound like a lame excuse, if I say that one of them will try and lend me money. Being ill is less risky but seems more fake - especially as I was fine yesterday. Gah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My friends have planned this big night out for weeks and have been talking for ages. They keep asking me what I'm wearing, where do I want to go etc - I've had no intention of going from the start. I have no money and am supporting my boyfriend at the moment too - plus trying to save. Does having no money sound like a lame excuse, if I say that one of them will try and lend me money. Being ill is less risky but seems more fake - especially as I was fine yesterday. Gah
    Do you not wanna go because you're skint, or just not feeling like going at all?
    If you don't wanna go because you're skint, then your mate would lend you money like "it's on the house" and you should be fine no?
    If you don't wanna go out because you wanna be by yourself or something then say you're busy. Idk I've never really turn invitations down lol

(Original post by 0to100)
    Do you not wanna go because you're skint, or just not feeling like going at all?
    If you don't wanna go because you're skint, then your mate would lend you money like "it's on the house" and you should be fine no?
    If you don't wanna go out because you wanna be by yourself or something then say you're busy. Idk I've never really turn invitations down lol
    id go if I had money, but even if they lent it to me they would expect a repayment at some point - plus I'm not really into going clubbing so I have less incentive

ReputationRep:
    id go if I had money, but even if they lent it to me they would expect a repayment at some point - plus I'm not really into going clubbing so I have less incentive
    Mmm then just say you're busy, don't fake an illness, might come back for real that you'd suddenly fall ill ...

Mmm then just say you're busy, don't fake an illness, might come back for real that you'd suddenly fall ill ...
    but I've known about this all week- I can't suddenly make up a reason why I'm busy haha

ReputationRep:
    but I've known about this all week- I can't suddenly make up a reason why I'm busy haha
    You can't pretend to be ill either even though it would be funny to see you hack your guts out over the phone pretending to cough :laugh:
    you certainly can say you've got work piled up, your boss dumped another shift on you or erm...dunno...lol dunno what you do for a living
    say the plumbing is ****ed :indiff: and the plumber is coming over :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    aw come on I thought the plumbing one was a good idea, they can't get mad at you for tending to a household appliance

aw come on I thought the plumbing one was a good idea, they can't get mad at you for tending to a household appliance
    we all live in the same house haha so can't use that one - otherwise a good suggestion!

ReputationRep:
    we all live in the same house haha so can't use that one - otherwise a good suggestion!
    oh **** sake lol wait then you can't fake being sick...you're just gonna have to either go or tell them straight up you don't wanna go...

ReputationRep:
    tell them the truth

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just tell them the truth and if thy say they will pay for you say no bc you can't pay them back.

ReputationRep:
    Just be honest about the money situation. Even if they say they'll lend you the money just say you wont be able to pay them back. You're all adults so they should be able to respect your decisions. Even bring up the fact that they don't even like clubbing that much if you have to.

As I've already said you're all adults so they should be mature enough to accept your decisions.

ReputationRep:
    in my eyes honesty always wins, which is weird because im a huge House Lannister fan

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.