The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Legendary Quest
Bloody catfish. :colonhash:

Some people genuinely don't care about weight though. I guess if you care for them daily you start to think of them differently because you understand them. And the Catfish people.. Well.. I guess they are already in love with them anyway? Some of them are overweight themselves so they really don't care. :redface:

Well at least in this series some people are surprisingly attractive and average sized, with the morbidly obese partners. But of course there's not caring about weight...and then there's dating someone who has decaying skin from bed sores and not being able to wash since they can't fit in a tub lol the **** these people go through like one time the guy had to call everyone in the hospital wing just to get his wife off the toilet :facepalm:
Original post by 0to100
Well at least in this series some people are surprisingly attractive and average sized, with the morbidly obese partners. But of course there's not caring about weight...and then there's dating someone who has decaying skin from bed sores and not being able to wash since they can't fit in a tub lol the **** these people go through like one time the guy had to call everyone in the hospital wing just to get his wife off the toilet :facepalm:

That's awful. :afraid: It could just be pity.

How did she get stuck in the toilet? Was it because she couldn't stand up or was her fat stuck in the toilet hole? :redface: That must have been embarrassing.. Just imagine doing your thing in the toilet then loads of people have to help you get up..

How do they wipe? :hmmmm:
Yeah if they were otherwise sound. There is no guarantee that they couldn't lose the weight in time....
Original post by 0to100
Understandable

There is no maybe, they all said how they met as if the interviewers also were wondering lol
they met in chatrooms, and catfished or revealed later in the game, or the person was chubby chaser, something like that
I wasn't wondering how you can love someone so big, apparently they can find love, I was just wondering is this more common than I thought and so far no.

@SophieSmall I've read some of your posts :colone: you seem to openly be against this kinda stuff amirite?

Not sure what you mean by against it?

I obviously don't think obesity is healthy, but then again neither is smoking or binge drinking. Neither of which are shamed as much as being fat.

What I disagree with is this silly media narrative of being "healthy at every size" and if you're obese you're still healthy...nope...no you're not.

Basically I think everyone can do whatever the heck they like. But if they start chatting nonsense, I'll call them out on it.
No. I'm not attracted to morbid obese people and that is just too much work. This is probably going to sound harsh (forgive me) but why would I want to be in a relationship where I'll be the caretaker for the rest of my life when I can be in a relationship with someone who doesn't need their fat lifted up to be washed, and can leave the house?

If they know they're obese and killing themselves why get involved in the relationship if they don't care if they die? Some of them know they shouldn't be eating greasy food at their weight yet continue to ask for more. The sad/dumb thing is when the family members never refuse. I was watching an episode on TLC about this Caribbean women whose daughters was still feeding her bad food to her despite everyone knowing her situation. Some of them are so used to eating whatever they wanted and not caring about their health/weight that they don't want to change at the same time wanting to change their situation.
(edited 7 years ago)
That's awful. :afraid: It could just be pity.

How did she get stuck in the toilet? Was it because she couldn't stand up or was her fat stuck in the toilet hole? :redface: That must have been embarrassing.. Just imagine doing your thing in the toilet then loads of people have to help you get up..

How do they wipe? :hmmmm:

Lmao stop with the wiping :rofl:

But she broke it so her body was like wedged in there not to mention she needs assistance with just standing up :s-smilie:
yea he was embarrassed and everyone was sweating she was screaming in mortification :s-smilie:
Original post by SophieSmall
Not sure what you mean by against it?

I obviously don't think obesity is healthy, but then again neither is smoking or binge drinking. Neither of which are shamed as much as being fat.

What I disagree with is this silly media narrative of being "healthy at every size" and if you're obese you're still healthy...nope...no you're not.

Basically I think everyone can do whatever the heck they like. But if they start chatting nonsense, I'll call them out on it.

Lol yea I agree, and Idk if it was you or someone else but there was this thread about...god I forget exactly but about fat rights or something and erm I thought you were on there, I certainly was haha
no, because i find fat people unnattractive and how can you have a sexual realationship with someone youre not attracted to?
Original post by 0to100
what? :rolleyes: * *

don't say what say pardon *
I tried in the past, it failed (for many reasons but this might have been one of them).

It's a massive turn off when someone doesn't make an effort to take care of his/her own health. I became overweight during a period of depression in 2009 so I can empathise, but 6 months later the weight was gone. It's not the easiest thing in the world but it can be done if you have any willpower at all. The exception is when an obese person is the way he/she is due to genetics, however that is usually not the case.
Original post by 0to100
No, even though I'm not sure why you'd assume that? Are you saying those people can't find love at their weight...? It was some series on Discovery Home and Health lol and several episodes they had met as I said above in like chatrooms at that weight, or had chubby chasers,etc

Well generally speaking yes, unless they were chubby chasers like you mentioned, most people wouldn't find morbidly obese people attractive unless they knew them well enough to appreciate their personality which is likely to be the case for the people who met them in chatrooms not aware of their weight.
Online dating.

Pretty the person meant that you should focus more on the personality than outer appearance. As in, you fall in love with them, not their appearance.

Well I wouldn't online date a morbidly obese person either. I wouldn't want to put myself in the position of loving a physically unattractive and unhealthy person.

I wouldn't put myself in that position. You can control who you fall in love with to a large extent. I don't have any personal relationships with obese women so I can safely say I won't fall in love with them.

If you don't date or make an effort with overweight people, you are not going to fall in love with them. By dating obese people, you don't love them yet but you are already accepting their weight.
I'm obese, I gained a lot of weight due to steroids for my medical condition. It's soul destroying at times because I'm not greedy, lazy or anything like that. My friends who eat much more than me stay skinny. The amount of weight I gained looks especially bad because I'm only 5'3 tall.*

So this will sound hypocritical but I wouldn't date someone who is morbidly obese, simply because I'm not attracted to that build. I accept that I will find it very difficult to find someone I personally find attractive while expecting them to find me attractive. I'm disgusted with how I look, no matter how much my friends and doctors tell me that it's not my fault I feel like a monster. People who don't know me will always assume I am greedy, no self control and don't care about how I look. It angers me that I am shallow enough myself to say I wouldn't date someone who is morbidly obese.*
Reply 53
if they were prepared to lose weight maybe
Not being funny this **** is so sad to watch
Original post by 0to100
Lol yea I agree, and Idk if it was you or someone else but there was this thread about...god I forget exactly but about fat rights or something and erm I thought you were on there, I certainly was haha

Don't think it was me, I don't remember a thread like that.

To answer the OP though. No I wouldn't date an obese or morbidly obese person, though I have dated an overweight person (didn't look all that big though).

The reason being, I just could not live and share my life with someone who doesn't respect themselves enough to have gotten to the point of obesity especially morbid obesity. I don't want to be with someone who I couldn't imagine growing old with because they'd be much more likely to die before the age of 70. Nor would I want to be without someone who can't take part in every day activities that I'd like to be able to enjoy together because of mobility issues that are entirely self inflicted.

Though accept on rare occasion obesity (though more likely just being overweight) can be no fault of the person, as an above user has stated taking steroids like prednisone can cause your body to **** up in terms of weight by causing redistribution of fat to non desirable area such as the face and neck. It can also cause bloating and fluid retention making one appear fat even if they have not gained any actual fat. It also often increases appetite which can lead to overeating..though a bit of common sense and low cal snacks can solve that one.. Though symptoms subside once medication has ceased.
(edited 7 years ago)
No.
Ew no. Wouldn't only date a slim girl, not even slightly chubby.
Original post by Profesh
No.

Sweet n simple bro
Original post by Anonymous
I'm obese, I gained a lot of weight due to steroids for my medical condition. It's soul destroying at times because I'm not greedy, lazy or anything like that. My friends who eat much more than me stay skinny. The amount of weight I gained looks especially bad because I'm only 5'3 tall.*

So this will sound hypocritical but I wouldn't date someone who is morbidly obese, simply because I'm not attracted to that build. I accept that I will find it very difficult to find someone I personally find attractive while expecting them to find me attractive. I'm disgusted with how I look, no matter how much my friends and doctors tell me that it's not my fault I feel like a monster. People who don't know me will always assume I am greedy, no self control and don't care about how I look. It angers me that I am shallow enough myself to say I wouldn't date someone who is morbidly obese.*

It's not shallow, you 1st hand experience it. love should be freedom, not imprisonment.

Latest

Trending

Trending