Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just wish my car would stop costing me so much money!!! I am soooo broke and there's always something....

So I pasted my test in may, which made my insurance go up by £30... then there was the tax and mot, but worst of all I now have got 2 chips in my windscreen so it needs to be replaced and will cost me another £140....

welcome to the joys of car ownership unfortunatly

ReputationRep:
    autoglass repair, auto glass replace!

havnt u heard the radio advert.
    call em up- i thiunk they fix chips for free if you are fully comp.

ReputationRep:
    If you are fully comp it will be free if they need to repair, be free (but you have to pay the windscreen excess first) to replace. You don't lose your NCB AFAIK.
    We had 2 chips in our car the other day, Autoglass just came out and filled them in - you can still see them but the windscreen is safe and it doesn't obstruct vision. If you go on Autoglass' website there's a little presentation thing somewhere that helps you work out if you need the chips repaired or if they have to be replaced

ReputationRep:
    Autoglass are pretty good, when they were doing some road resurfacing a bit flew up and cracked it I think on my mums car and the crack was quite big. The danger is when they grow and sometimes your mirror can fall off as a result or so I'm told.

ReputationRep:
    Aye. Autoglass are top. Had three done in the Landie so far, and no complaints.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty89)
    autoglass repair, auto glass replace!

havnt u heard the radio advert.
    call em up- i thiunk they fix chips for free if you are fully comp.
    Haha I know of Autoglass and their jingles.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.