Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Labour Election £25 to vote! watch

• View Poll Results: Who is more important?
    Owen Smith to give a 2nd EU Referedum.
    7.14%
    Jeremy Corbyn to speak out for the working class.
    85.71%
    I don't care.
    7.14%

ReputationRep:
    So the New Labour Coup have decided to charge Labour Supporters £25 to vote in the next leadership election.You have between 18th to 20th of July before 5pm to register.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...ership-contest

This makes a mockery of Labour being all for equality when the Parliamentary Labour party are doing everything they can to save their old way of doing things mean while excluding as many people from the party as possible.

So if you happen to be a poor person on Job Seekers Allowance £25 from your budget is really going to set you back.

This is a all out war against the poor from New Labour.

I'm going to sign up as a supporter and I hope the PLP choke when they are drinking the champagne from the proceeds of the right to vote for the Labour leadership election.

New Labour make me sick. They are nothing but a bunch of self serving neo-liberal luvvies.

But wait it gets worser .....

New Labour are reading members social media to ban them from voting if they have called another Labour member "scum", "scab" or "traitor". New Labour are now against freedom of speech.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...***-or-traitor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    New Labour make me sick. They are nothing but a bunch of self serving neo-liberal luvvies.
    You've only just noticed? Not been paying attention to politics for the last 20 years then...

And of course they're self serving. They exist to get themselves into power. Without which it doesn't really matter who they're serving second, because it'll never happen.

The new labour faction are actually trying to save the credibility of the party, but people like you are too blind to notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    You've only just noticed? Not been paying attention to politics for the last 20 years then...

And of course they're self serving. They exist to get themselves into power. Without which it doesn't really matter who they're serving second, because it'll never happen.

The new labour faction are actually trying to save the credibility of the party, but people like you are too blind to notice.
    I don't care about the credibility of a bunch of neo-liberal MP's. It doesn't serve the working class. I'd rather have MP's who I can relate too. There isn't a single New Labour MP that shares my concerns.

The people who share my concerns are old Labour. Jeremy Corbyn & Dennis Skinner.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you sick of the new rules. It has been £3 for the last several years. Why didn't you join before? There is a lot to be said for allowing people to join and having to wait before they can vote. It prevents people joining up and voting without engaging or being a part of the party. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't serve the working class.
    Neither do unelectable MPs in an unelectable party.

ReputationRep:

Are you a conservative voter? If so they are more criminal for doing what you stated, I will guess you are a green

ReputationRep:
    I'll pay my £25 to help Corbyn win, tired of dishonest, 'cookie-cutter' labour figures who are equally out of touch as the conservatives

ReputationRep:
    Skinner would do a much better job than Corbyn. I make that judgement on watching PMQ'S they (the tories) beat Corbyn every question (He will be lucky to win 100 seats at next GE) Where as skinner destroys them. Dennis for leader, the only one who can beat doogooder, immigrant loving Corbyn

I don't care about the credibility of a bunch of neo-liberal MP's. It doesn't serve the working class. I'd rather have MP's who I can relate too. There isn't a single New Labour MP that shares my concerns.

The people who share my concerns are old Labour. Jeremy Corbyn & Dennis Skinner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDaz)
    Are you a conservative voter? If so they are more criminal for doing what you stated, I will guess you are a green
    You can guess all you like, you're wrong. And only showing up your own political bigotry.

ReputationRep:
    You can guess all you like, you're wrong. And only showing up your own political bigotry.
    who do you vote for then?

ReputationRep:
    who do you vote for then?
    Why is it relevant? Why does my voting pattern render me incapable of criticising various political parties or figures, regardless of their orientation?

ReputationRep:
    Why is it relevant? Why does my voting pattern render me incapable of criticising various political parties or figures, regardless of their orientation?
    The government will always be in favour of the rich, but if you criticise new Labour for being in favour of the rich and vote tory it is the biggest contradiction ever, thats where the voting pattern comes into it. Consistent tory voters who criticise labour for being anti working class need to bury their heads under the sand.

ReputationRep:
    The government will always be in favour of the rich, but if you criticise new Labour for being in favour of the rich and vote tory it is the biggest contradiction ever, thats where the voting pattern comes into it. Consistent tory voters who criticise labour for being anti working class need to bury their heads under the sand.
    And where was I criticising Labour for that, exactly?

You're just making **** up.

ReputationRep:
    And where was I criticising Labour for that, exactly?

You're just making **** up.
    I did not read it properly, I read one of Illegal to be poors comments and thought it was you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Why didn't you register to vote for him in September then?

I pay £25 for my Conservative party membership. A load of fuss over nothing tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Corbyn wins for the lolz. What would happen to Labour then...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Why are you sick of the new rules. It has been £3 for the last several years. Why didn't you join before? There is a lot to be said for allowing people to join and having to wait before they can vote. It prevents people joining up and voting without engaging or being a part of the party. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.
    Actually, a lot of those who did join before have apparently been prevented from voting by a change to the rules. If you joined within the last 6 months then you're not eligible.

Which surely would be some breach of a contract, considering it clearly stated when you join up that joining the party in that manner gives you the right to vote in leadership elections, and that right has been taken away with a retroactive rule change. How is that fair or reasonable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RF_PineMarten)
    Which surely would be some breach of a contract, considering it clearly stated when you join up that joining the party in that manner gives you the right to vote in leadership elections, and that right has been taken away with a retroactive rule change. How is that fair or reasonable?
    It is probably reasonable because you also signed up to a clause which states the rules may be changed, just like most bank, mobile phone and energy contracts.

If you are a genuine Labour supporter you would have joined up long ago anyway. I can't help feeling that many of those joining now are jumping on sort sort of short term band wagon and are feeling aggrieved because it isn't quite like a lot of the carp participated in on social media.

ReputationRep:
    I love how the Blairites are branded as neoliberals yet when in power they increased public spending which included increasing the support offered by the welfare state, the complete ****in opposite of neoliberalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    I love how the Blairites are branded as neoliberals yet when in power they increased public spending which included increasing the support offered by the welfare state, the complete ****in opposite of neoliberalism.
    Blair was very right wing for a Labour leader, i agree with that- but he is the best Primeminister we have had, yes i think he would of beaten Thatcher. I think Blairites will be judged on the Iraq war more than anything else, like Cameron will be known as the man who Accidently took us out of the EU (for which i am happy about)

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.